Oil for New engine. COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP. All comments welcome

My buddy does mechanic work.. He put an A Zone $5,800 Hemmi crate engine in a Charger for a guy who insisted he wanted a CRATE ENGINE installed. At 350 miles the engine got noisy (rattling knock). Co that furnished the Crate Engine sent out Tech. They agreed to a another engine, Labor for the swap, pay all reasonable expenses (oil, filter,.....) To be furnished through A Z. He went to pick up the engine. The long time Parts Guy gave him a new engine, new name brand filter and a 5 Qt Jug of PENZ OIL FULL STHETIC. Thats for a new For a new replacement Crate Engine. Your thoughts.

My god, they gave him an oil that BITOG doesn't think is right? With all the crappy engine builders who will do anything to get out of a warranty claim, we should be finding out the name of this company (along with AZ who is part of this) who stands behind their products like this and support them. Technically I always considered a crate motor as new from the OEM factory, but the line got blurred years ago. Cheers to AZ and this builder for doing what is right! Can you ask your buddy who the engine builder is?

My buddy does mechanic work.. He put an A Zone $5,800 Hemmi crate engine in a Charger for a guy who insisted he wanted a CRATE ENGINE installed. At 350 miles the engine got noisy (rattling knock). Co that furnished the Crate Engine sent out Tech. They agreed to a another engine, Labor for the swap, pay all reasonable expenses (oil, filter,.....) To be furnished through A Z. He went to pick up the engine. The long time Parts Guy gave him a new engine, new name brand filter and a 5 Qt Jug of PENZ OIL FULL STHETIC. Thats for a new For a new replacement Crate Engine. Your thoughts.

If it came from Auto one its a reman and way over priced if its a 5.7, a factory crate engine is 5,700. On new crate engines I would use Gibbs break in oil and use the Pennzoil on something else or the first OCI on this one.

Let me guess...

Wait for it...

Pennzoil will sludge up the engine.

Right?

Am I right?

Hey 1970 called, they want their car back?

The new Natural Gas Pennzoil Platinum.. Sludger. Right?????????

Did I win?

Hey. What do you call a mushroom at a bar? A Fungii! *rimshot*

Ehhh?

Pennzoil.. get it? Get it???

EDIT: He better put in the capacity of oil or he will be putting another new engine in again.

Many years ago Synthetic always meant ester, or PAO, not super conventional oils. Many years ago machining was not as precise, and materials were not as good. So the thing about do not break in on Syn got started.

Now unless you use a mostly ester or mostly PAO oil no worry. even with, those oils usually no worry because machining is so much better.

Go back and get more oil. Don't run it low of oil.

Let me guess...

Wait for it...

Pennzoil will sludge up the engine.

Right?

Am I right?

Hey 1970 called, they want their car back?

The new Natural Gas Pennzoil Platinum.. Sludger. Right?????????

Did I win?

Hey. What do you call a mushroom at a bar? A Fungii! *rimshot*

Ehhh?

Pennzoil.. get it? Get it???

EDIT: He better put in the capacity of oil or he will be putting another new engine in again.
5 quart will not cause engine failure as long as it is a short interval. It may be off the dipstick, so if it burns any. For normal break in at lower rpm short interval no problem. Of course the right amount is better..

Back