Oil for my 1965 F100 240 with Turbo

So the truck has been modded by my bro with a turbo that was 1k. Its had its gaskets changed, oil pan gasket included and it still somehow seems to loose a quart of oil..... now it may be due to bad oil connections but we put cheap 10w40 orielly stuff in it. Could our turbo be burning up to a quart of oil or is it something else?

A straight 6 with a turbo is not something that you run across everyday. I didn’t notice that you are in California. So, 20W50 is another option. You could also run a SAE 40 HD or SAE 50 HD.
Yea its something that happened before they blew up on youtube with power nation lol 🤪 its def a tire burner now. We will definitely consider a 20w50.... it did use to leak a lot of oil from gaskets but thats eliminated now for the most part.

Are you sure you didn't crack a piston or something doing burn outs on it's maiden voyage? ;)

Make sure the oil return from the turbo has a straight downward slopped path with no kinks. Also, what is the oil pressure like? I remember reading that you need a restrictor orifice on the oil inlet to the turbo if it's much over 40psi. Another thing it could be is excessive crank case pressure. Is the PCV working?

Back