Oil for Mitsubishi Lancer

Looking to do a drain and fill (possibly several ?) on a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer with the (Jatco?) CVT transmission.
Manual calls for CVTF-J1 oil, and so far the only oil semi-available I found is the Pennzoil CVT-2 (online, expensive shipping, and only sold by 6qts).

Oils with CVTF-J1 specs are proving hard to find, any idea or deal on where to find some? No Mitsubishi dealer nearby, but if that would be the best option, I guess I have no choice! Or maybe some Nissan oil, as apparently they share the same transmission? Or maybe there is another similar spec to look for that would be easier to find?

Thank you for any input.

Do a Google search on "CVTF-J1 specs". Peak and Valvoline make fluids that meet Mitsubishi's specs. I'm sure there are a few more that comply with their specs as well.

Good luck.

Castrol CVT can be had at a good price at the parts stores a few times a year. Amazon also has it by the case, $35 for 6 quarts
smile.gif

There are also other brands of CVT fluid, such as Transtar and Cam2, at a good price on Amazon.

Walmart has Valvoline CVT but at a slightly higher price than the other choices I mentioned.

Thanks, I checked these two and they are available on Amazon (not Walmart or much more expensive), sadly CAD are like 3x the US prices
cry.gif

Originally Posted by Popsy
Thanks, I checked these two and they are available on Amazon (not Walmart or much more expensive), sadly CAD are like 3x the US prices
cry.gif

Did you look into the Klondike? It's a Canadian company.

Back