OIl for Kia/Hyundai 2.0T Direct-Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OceanDoctor
[censored]?lol

normal heptane = 0 octane ring

iso-octane (trimethylpentane) = 100 octane looooonnggg chain

toluene ring octane booster?

After having my questions discussed on other threads about the GDI-T 2.0 and thoroughly reading thru this one, i will be using any of these @ 3500 OCI and call it a day:

M1 5w30
QSUD 5w30
PP 5w30
Val Synpwr 5w30
Castrol Edge or Titaium 5w30
Maybe even
Pennzoil Syn Blend 5w30 (50% syn)

87 octane, Shell/Mobil/Chevron/BP

ThE iNsaNity oF it ALL!

Considering the Santa Fe is calling for conventional OCI':(2.0 TGDI) At first, replace at 3,000 miles (5,000 km) or 6 months, after that, every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 6 months. You can probably run the synthetic longer and not worry about it.

Originally Posted By: TJPark01
Considering the Santa Fe is calling for conventional OCI':(2.0 TGDI) At first, replace at 3,000 miles (5,000 km) or 6 months, after that, every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 6 months. You can probably run the synthetic longer and not worry about it.

Definitely thinking about that 5,000 mile oci... but in Miami, Fl. heat, not sure im not a SEVERE service schedule candidate.

Unless you regularly tow something, or drive in an extremely dusty area, or take the car to a track, odds are your behavior is considered normal. I'd do 5k and then get the oil analyzed to see if you can go longer which in all likelihood you can.

Yes. you are overthinking this. No brainer choice is M1 5w30, just like the manual says. I personally like QSUD...best value out there IMHO....and they've got the warranty
program. Congrats on a beautiful ride.

Originally Posted By: 3putter
Yes. you are overthinking this. No brainer choice is M1 5w30, just like the manual says. I personally like QSUD...best value out there IMHO....and they've got the warranty

QSUD is probably one of the best values going. Hyundai actually promotes QS products.

QS_zps03c0cfa9.png

Originally Posted By: TJPark01
Originally Posted By: 3putter

QSUD is probably one of the best values going. Hyundai actually promotes QS products.

QS_zps03c0cfa9.png

I do tend to over analyze this as even the factory uses conventional QS in its oil changes. I'm old school I guess. Always thinking synthetic is a must on even todays turbos, yet nowhere in the manual is synthetic oil even mentioned, and I know the vast majority of these car owners are not going the extra mile and paying for a syn change either. There vehicles are just fine and Hyundai still warranties the powertrain for 100k miles. I was tempted to try Pennzoil Synthetic Blend (50% synthetic, Dexos1 etc.) because of these facts ($16 @ Wmart) but stayed with M1.

Last edited:
I think my next oc will be PYB 5w30. It actually surpasses Hyundai specs and i'm beginning to think that no better spec is needed between Hyundai's recommended 3-5k mile oci for the vehicle. They recommend good old QS dino. Good enough for specs, good enough for me.

Last edited:
Changed mine today and actually went with my old favorite:

Valvoline 5w30 conventional
Valvoline VO106 oil filter
3k mile oci

Originally Posted By: wemay
Changed mine today and actually went with my old favorite:

Valvoline 5w30 conventional
Valvoline VO106 oil filter
3k mile oci

Didn't you just put in Mobil 1?

Yup, OCD. :)
Curious about running a uoa on this car with the conventional so changed it 1200 miles, after a road trip. Valvoline quick lube.

Last edited:
In the end, only a UOA will dictate the condition and if a change needs to be made to semi-syn/syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back