Oil for GM LGZ/LGX

It appears people like doing 5k mile oil changes in these engines. I'm not sure what that is based on. The LGX/LGZ are mostly newly redesigned engines from the previous Gen3 versions. I only have a bit over 3k miles now but will likely change oil at 5k with a name brand 5w30.

I believe the timing chain issues were for the previous generation.

"Two-stage PCV system: this revolutionary system maintains low oil consumption, featuring a pre-separator between the block and the engine’s rear cover and a high-efficiency separator in the center of the block’s “V”."

It appears people like doing 5k mile oil changes in these engines. I'm not sure what that is based on. The LGX/LGZ are mostly newly redesigned engines from the previous Gen3 versions. I only have a bit over 3k miles now but will likely change oil at 5k with a name brand 5w30.
Some of it's because the problems with the older 3.6L engines but also just in general shorter OCIs are a good idea on DI engines because of the fuel dilution and soot.

I believe the timing chain issues were for the previous generation.

"Two-stage PCV system: this revolutionary system maintains low oil consumption, featuring a pre-separator between the block and the engine’s rear cover and a high-efficiency separator in the center of the block’s “V”."
The new improvements GM did to those motors helped a lot . You can go by the OLM . But most owners goes to 5k to be safe .

Back