Oil for fleet of air cooled ope

I'd like some suggestions on a one and done oil for my fleet of small engines. Engines consist of air cooled Hondas, Chondas, Kawasakis, Briggs, and Kohlers. These power everything from mowers, snow blowers, backup generators, welders, and pumps. Live in southwest Pennsylvania so Temps swing from -20f-110. Blowers will work in the coldest and mowers in the hottest. We maintain 6 acres which may take 3 hours continuous to cut in 100 degree heat. The backup generators can run for extended time in any of the conditions.

Would something like mobil euro 0w40 be a wise choice? I can get it in 3 gallon boxes readily and for pretty cheap. Or would a hedo such as Rotella t6 5w40 be a better choice? Just want something can can cover the bases on both ends of the temperature spectrum

i'd prefer 15w40 in the summer gear and 0w20 or 0w30 in the winter gear.

you could use a 0w40 or 5w40 but in the winter equipment that is heavy.

I’ve been using Rotella T5 10W30 in mine-flows as well as T6 5W40 cold (and FAR better than any non-syn 15W40!), doesn’t shear nor burn off as easily hot. Of course, I bought mine when it was under $15/gallon a couple years ago-it’s unfortunately more than that now.

I'd wager that they'd all run well and last a long time on any of the 0w40's or 5w40's.
Mobil1 0w40 is an easy choice, as are the 5w40's HDEO's, and walmarted has various in stock.

There is no good/better/best choice. But, I recommend full synthetic oil, viscosity/HTHS, zddp, or a combination!. Either the Rotella 0w/5w40 or M1 0w40 or TDT would work great, as would their equivalent competitors:

Synthetics and viscosity represented:

Funny you mention the RP duralec 15w40. It one of the oils I'm currently running in mowers. I'm happy with it, but I don't think it's suited to the sub zero Temps in the other equipment also I should of mentioned ease of obtainability. I'd like to be able to have several gallons of whatever I choose

Oreilly/Napa have the T6 0w40 in jugs. No barrel purchase needed.
Duralec is available in 5w40 and 10w30. You have to scroll down on the link provided earlier.
Internet makes ease of obtainability for many products.

Back