oil for E-350 Super Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad has a small construction company and one of his fleet vehicles is a 2000 Ford E-350 Super Duty. He wants me to change his oil from now on. I checked the manual and it asks for 5w30. idk but should I use a higher weight? this full size van tows alot as well as carries alot in the back. Sometimes it carries an entire pallet of cement from Home Depot. So what do you guys recomend for this burly workhorse? what weight and brand?

Anything but Pennzoil Platinum, because too many people have been talking about Pennzoil Platinum lately...

:no-no:

My '99 V10 SD hasn't had any issues with 5w-30 PP. Any 5w-30 would be fine.

I've tried 20w but didn't like the additional noise. I had M1 5w-40 TR-SUV but it felt sluggish.

5w-30 is just right. IMO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ewetho
Motorcraft 5W-20 or 5W-30 will do just fine. Motor back spec'd to 20

+1 We've run MC5-20/5-30 for hundreds of thousands of miles in Ford Modulars (many with Fram filters!!) with zero issues. A perfect fit.
thumbsup2.gif

That's great logic. Let's run something thinner than originally spec'd in an engine that gets run harder than normal.
thumbsup2.gif

5w-30 will be fine. Or the 10w-30 Delo will be even better.

Any brand name 5W30 should be fine, since you don't want to go synthetic then I'd use Pennzoil YB.

I guess Ill stick with the 5w30

alright I know this sounds bad, but ive never heard of Delvac or Delo. Who makes those?

Mobil makes Delvac Chevron makes Delo, they are HDEOs.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
Or the 10w-30 Delo will be even better.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back