oil for a Nissan Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife just got a new Nissan Rogue SV with the premium package.

I got a free oil change at the dealership but after that I will take over the maintenance. I was thinking about Pennzoil Platnum.

She does mostly short trips around town with the occasional trip out of town.

What do you guys think?

What are the manufacturer's oil requirements for this car? How frequently are you planning to change it? That will dictate whether synthetic oil is overkill in this application or not.

Nothing wrong with PP though.

Originally Posted By: synthetic_crazy
PP would be an outstanding choice for the oil in your wife's Rogue; use it with confidence!

Thanks, thats what I will probably go with.

Quote:
Conventional oil. With the short trips, you might want to use a shorter oil drain interval (according to your owner's manual). Synthetic oil will probably be a waste of money unless you plan on keeping this car for several hundred thousand miles, or extending the oil drain intervals which isn't a good idea due to the short trips.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
Conventional oil. With the short trips, you might want to use a shorter oil drain interval (according to your owner's manual). Synthetic oil will probably be a waste of money unless you plan on keeping this car for several hundred thousand miles, or extending the oil drain intervals which isn't a good idea due to the short trips.

You make a good point. She just got rid of a 2004 Buick Rendezvous with 120000 miles on it. It always had conventional oil in it. I was putting Pennzoil high mileage in it for the last couple of years.

She does not drive as many miles as she used to. She will keep the Nissan at least 5 or 6 years. I will have have to think about using conventional with shorter OCIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back