Oil for a 212k 3.7 Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
I'd consider trying Mobil 1 High Mileage, maybe 10W-30, once they have the rebate and see if the AN esters make a difference...

The economy tanking could spell annual April Mobil-1 rebates tanking.

It could step up the rebates and drop prices too. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Your oil choice is good, I'd stick with what's working.

I agree ^^^^^^^^

Keep on keeping on. .

I'd consider trying Mobil 1 High Mileage, maybe 10W-30, once they have the rebate and see if the AN esters make a difference...

But oil is tanking...

But oil is tanking...

That's why rebates right now may not happen. They are not going to drop oil prices further and offer rebates at the same time.

Really, I haven't seen too much price dropping, other than clearances on SN Plus, GF5 and Dexos 1 Gen 2, to make room for May's arrival of GF6, SP and Gen3.

So because the industry is changing so much, the only products ripe for rebates this April are new products.... like the for new oils from Pennzoil, for instance. So if Mobil-1 still goes on rebate next week, they have tons and tons of old cert oils to get rid of.

Last edited:
If the engine runs and sounds great, I would keep doing what you are doing. Fix the leaks for sure, when it gets warmer. Then you can see if it is consuming any oil. Probably not, by the sound of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back