Oil for 92 Infiniti Q45?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my sisters car, and has run on 10w-30 for most of its 90K miles to my knowledge. Car was bought from an old couple and was babied, but not sure of service. Its been garaged for the past 7 months while my sister is in Boston for college. I'm not in the know about these Infiniti engines, but it drives AWESOME and revs to 6000 no problem with the 4.7 liter V8. So what oil?

In Cali, *I* would use HDEO 15w-40 all year. That is me tho, it is you sister's car and that is a lil radical...probally a great choice though. If the engine is dirty-looking HDEO will begin to clean, worth considering. Don't overspend, synth is not necessary. Synth "blends" are where it's at for older cars. You can run either Hi-Mi (GTX) 10w-30 if the seals look a lil wet. If the engine is really clean, go for the awesome Syntec Blend, the 10w-40 is ACEA A3 -rated, meaning it can go a long ways. 6 month change intervals is what I recommend.

Q45, redline at 6900:
To learn more about Q45's check here:
nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

As for oil I use Mobil1 0w-40 or Castrol Syntec 0w-30 (the german stuff only), in my 94 Q45 (same engine as 92).

In a california summer I would be running a 40 weight for sure.

Maybe a 10w-40 blend (look for ACEA3 on back of bottle).

Fred..
smile.gif

[ March 17, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back