Oil for 06 5.9 Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live overseas (USAF) and I have 2 oil brands to choose from for my truck. I can get either Royal Purple 15W-40 or Quaker State 15W-40.

I cannot get oils shipped to me due because oil is considered hazardous material and I would have to pay a high import tax. Buying oil on the economy is extremely expensive. Which of these 2 would you use?

The Quaker State is basically the same formula as Shell Rimula. I would use this for two reasons, 1) It is a very good oil 2) If your duty station changes Shell products might be easier to come by since it is a world wide company.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
The Quaker State is basically the same formula as Shell Rimula. I would use this for two reasons, 1) It is a very good oil 2) If your duty station changes Shell products might be easier to come by since it is a world wide company.

Hey Johnny, how does the Rimula stack up to Rotella?

Originally Posted By: D-Roc
Originally Posted By: Johnny

Hey Johnny, how does the Rimula stack up to Rotella?

Close. Little different base stock and additive package.

I'd use the QS long before I'd choose the RP. The RP might cost 3x as much, but you'll never get 3x the "protection" from it.

And then the added benefit of good availability with the QS would seal the deal for me.

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
Royal Purple 14w40. My brother has this in his dodge cummins and loves it. Too bad you can't get Amsoil...

Why did they go out of business?

Originally Posted By: Dirtbikindad393
Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
Royal Purple 14w40. My brother has this in his dodge cummins and loves it. Too bad you can't get Amsoil...

Why did they go out of business?

Haha...Amsoil??? Nah, I don't think so. I thought he only had the choice between RP and QS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back