Oil filters easily available

Hey all thanks for allowing yet another oil filter post

So I’ve traditionally “stocked” wix filters for all of our cars and the cars I service regularly for our small dealership. They are a pain to get sometimes… was hoping to learn about perhaps Walmart’s super tech filters or naive mobile 1 filters… something easily obtainable that’s “very good.”

For those who are very intentional about getting a good filter, what do you buy that’s easy to find And reasonably priced?

Thanks

Drew

Hey all thanks for allowing yet another oil filter post

So I’ve traditionally “stocked” wix filters for all of our cars and the cars I service regularly for our small dealership. They are a pain to get sometimes… was hoping to learn about perhaps Walmart’s super tech filters or naive mobile 1 filters… something easily obtainable that’s “very good.”

For those who are very intentional about getting a good filter, what do you buy that’s easy to find And reasonably priced?

Thanks

Drew
Setup a rockauto wholesale account and buy the Champs or Pro-Tec filters in 12 packs. The pricing is better than most local jobbers.

Nothing wrong with Supertech filters. Use the "MP" filters if a PN is available. Walmart around here has various OE filters too along with Fram.

Your local Napa carries Napa Silver/Gold/Platinum filters, Baldwin, KN, Hengst, Ultra8, Altrom... pretty sure I've never received a bad filter from Napa.

Your local Autozone carries STP filters. XL is pretty good upgrade. Nothing wrong with Fram orange cans either.
Autozone also carries ACdelco and Fram. Don't see the need for Mobil1 expense, unless requested by a customer.

Advanceauto/Carquest have Fram, Purolator, Carquest, Acdelco, Motorcraft filters...

And, Oreillyauto has Wix, Mircroguard, Bosch, Acdelco, various OE. Don't see the need for RP expense either.

I don't understand how a filter is a pain to get. Order online and have it delivered, or order with a business account at any autopart store local to you. Don't be a wix fanboy. If they're out of stock, then use a competitor brand. All name brand filters are good until proven otherwise.

Seems like fram is available everywhere just like Lucas red and tacky grease.

Someone mentioned STP filters. The ones at AutoZone here are made in China. They may be fine but I don't trust them yet

Does it matter? If so, why? I have design / product engineers from Toyota, Honda, Ford, Nissan, Hyundai and Subaru standing by waiting for the answer.
Better filtration will ultimately lead to less wear. Is that of consequence; does it matter? Probably not for Average Joe who likely won't hold on to the vehicle long enough for it ever to come into play.

Some of the OEM quirks are interesting though, even though none of them design filters (except for Cummins). Ford was insistent on threaded-end bypasses to prevent media sweep. Subaru has used higher bypass pressures. Some of the Japanese OEM oil filters have historically had horrific efficiency.

If I ran a shop I would probably use an OEM filter - simply because the customer is unlikely to complain.

However my experience with Nissan and Toyota (Denso) filters, is there pretty basic.

Does it matter? If so, why? I have design / product engineers from Toyota, Honda, Ford, Nissan, Hyundai and Subaru standing by waiting for the answer.
You said they are premium filters. I said, no. They may very well be good filters but they are not considered "premium".

Back