oil filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My truck uses a Delco PF48 which has a spring of some sort inside of it if you look into the hole where it screws on.I ent this morning and bought 2 Wix filters for it and see that they dont have this spring.Is this a problem?

That depends. Do you see the bottom of the can or something that looks like a flat spring instead of a coil?

Originally Posted By: therealdeal770
My truck uses a Delco PF48 which has a spring of some sort inside of it if you look into the hole where it screws on.I ent this morning and bought 2 Wix filters for it and see that they dont have this spring.Is this a problem?

Just different styles of bypass "valves". Look around for photos here. Some use coil spring mechanisms some use shaped steel for holding force.....

Here's some different brands:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=968446#Post968446

he

Yeah thats right the delco has it and the wix doesnt.Ive always heard that wix makes the best filter so Id like to stick with wix as long as this spring issue is OK

Originally Posted By: therealdeal770
Yeah thats right the delco has it and the wix doesnt.Ive always heard that wix makes the best filter so Id like to stick with wix as long as this spring issue is OK

Ok so back to my question. When you look in the Wix you just got do you see the bottom of the can or what looks like a stamped piece of metal up off the bottom and pushing on the filter element?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back