oil filter testing video

I give credit to Fort9, seeing they back up their test and claims with facts.

I give credit to Fort9, seeing they back up their test and claims with facts.
That's what I thought as well… I checked out some of his other videos, and they are very insightful as well.

Very very interesting…

835 comments on YouTube, and 95% of them are eating up everything he's saying. The power of YouTube. 😂

Inlet side pressure difference between the cellulose and steel screen filter was only 2 PSI, and he makes it sound like running the steel mesh filter is going to give more rwhp. And the synthetic media showed more "pump pressure" than the other two. His setup seems dubious at best. Double 😂 ... guess he's never heard of ISO 4548-12 testing and looking for those specs. More garage testing gone awry.

Last edited:
That was so good I'd bet it was a satire project at an acting school. The musical selections were even sarcastic.
His whole channel is about motorcycle related stuff ... he's serious, but that's just his sarcastic sounding style.

I was curious what @ZeeOSix would have to say and had a post ready but held off to see if he commented. The following is what I had typed but saved as draft....

I'm not buying what the dude is selling. There's two 'primary' things an OF is measured on, efficiency and holding capacity. I'll start with the latter here.

The amount of metal/(fe) poured in the oil stream is totally unrealistic. If ANY engine is throwing that much metal particulates (crap), it's got wayyyyyyy more issues that what filter is being used. So, the media type won't matter. In the real world as Jim Allen posted the average oil filter in an average oci, is generally less than 50% loaded when removed. That can vary some, but it's good rule of thumb. So, I don't see that so called test as real world and therefore not real world results. Rather some extreme example that in all likelihood would never be seen. And if it was, the engine would be in really bad shape anyway.

As for the efficiency of the filters shown, no where is the ISO 4548-12 efficiency given. That ISO test is the industry standard for efficiency. Perhaps the "fiberglass" filter 'tested' had a very poor efficiency. I'm assuming by fiberglass that means synthetic media. We know there are some very efficient ISO tested synthetic OFs being sold, matching or better than some cellulose/blended media. So not buying any of the conclusion about ALL synthetic OFs. The stainless steel OF are in my observation not noted for being very efficient, generally the opposite. Seems if used best adapted for some types racing. So no surprise on anything showed there.

In short, seems to be another example of a phrase I'm fond of, If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS. With the use of the 'testing machine', pretty elaborate BS.

In short, seems to be another example of a phrase I'm fond of, If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS. With the use of the 'testing machine', pretty elaborate BS.
😄 ... that pretty much sums it up. (y)

I believe his name's Ryan and he always provides excellent while entertaining content.
You need to listen closely to catch all the humor thou like re Aprilia or a 'rubber product' (wash and re-use) ... LOL

Back