Oil filter suggetions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am going to do my first oil change on my truck. Its a 2006 Ram QC with the 5.7 HEMI. This is my first non GM truck and I am open to oil filter suggestions.

Thanks
Dave

I'd probably go with a Wix or Motorcraft. JMO Congrats on your nice new truck!
cheers.gif

Just my opinion. I would go with mopar until warranty ends, then switch to an e-core thereafter.

I've been pleased with the Baldwin filters that I use on nearly everything. I like the convenience of ordering them on the Internet as well.

I'd go with a Purolator Pure One, or an Amsoil EAO, just to be different. Truth be told, anything on the market these days will filter fine, even Fram.

I'd just use the Wix or Purolater filters. No need for 'warranty' fear or dealer markups.

And, if you have the room, consider the bigger quart sized filter.

michaelc80, where do you get Baldwin filters online?
The B7311 I want is $20 delivered which is too expensive.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I'd go with a Purolator Pure One, or an Amsoil EAO, just to be different. Truth be told, anything on the market these days will filter fine, even Fram.

yep

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

I think the high survival rate of engines with Frams proves that their is no good reason not to use one of the cheap house brands, ST, Value Craft, Total Grip, Power Flo. Plenty of good deals on Purolator too. If you must have a good name, does Delco make a filter for your Mopar?

Check the prices of a Wix filter from our sponsor, fleetfilter.com. They're the exact same thing as NAPA Gold. Order a few, and even with shipping it'll probably be cheaper.

I think that is interesting that the MDS will not work with another viscosity. I wonder if it would work with REdline's 5W20 since it has such a high HTHS? Or would this make a difference?

Well, if the MDS system won't work with another viscosity ...it can't work with 5w-20 all the time. For a good many miles, 5w-20 is a 30 ..and even a 40 weight if it's cold enough. Most of your 20 weights are not that far inside the 20 weight theshhold ..so there has to be some latitude there.

Naturally, I'd still use 5w-20 in that engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back