Oil filter source in Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I get good quality oil filters at decent prices in the GTA? Wix or equal? Canadian Tires and Walmarts dont have much of a selection, Walmart had 3593 FRAM for $6 on special.

Any tips?

Where in Toronto abouts? I lived close to Pearson Airport and there was a great place to get relabeled WIX filters.

(Yes I cut both open and they were identical except for the price)

wink.gif

You can also check your local Ford dealer and see if they can cross reference a Motorcraft filter for your car (assuming it isn't a Ford). Motorcraft filters are high quality.

Originally Posted By: paul246
You can also check your local Ford dealer and see if they can cross reference a Motorcraft filter for your car (assuming it isn't a Ford). Motorcraft filters are high quality.

The Motorcraft for my car is a FL810. I would use them for the right price.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
What kind of car is it for?

1993 Accord 2.2L. It uses a PH2808/PH3593A.

Right now im using 15400PLMA02 that I get from work but they are expensive,,

We get pretty screwed on filters up here... Buy the cheapest best quality filter you can find and drive happy. You could also get some Amsoil EAO filters and drive them for a couple of changes to get your monies worth. They would hold up for 20K KM easy and are about $15.00/Filter which makes them like $3.50/Filter if you change your oil at 5K KM intervals.

You get superior filtration, superior flow and a filter that is built like a tank and can stand up to a beating.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Where in Toronto abouts? I lived close to Pearson Airport and there was a great place to get relabeled WIX filters.

(Yes I cut both open and they were identical except for the price)

wink.gif

know the place and how was the pricing???

The pricing was excellent. It was about $4 - $5 a filter the last time I bought them, compared to $12-$15 for the WIX branded filters and it was a place called DL Action Automotive and it is located on the North West corner of Derry Rd & Torbram.

The Filters are labeled AutoXTRA (Their house brand) but are genuine Wix inside.

I get Napa Gold (Wix) filters for my '99 Accord for around $10.00. Don't waste your money on Honda oil filters, they are made by Fram.

I just bought genuine Mopar filters for my Caravan from the dealer, because I bought 6, the guy at the parts counter gave them to me for trade price, which came out to $2.35 per filter plus environmental fee of $.50, after tax, total was less then 3 bucks a filter. These are made by Wix as well.

You can also get the Napa Pro Select filters which are made by Wix as well for around $3.45 a piece from any Napa store. Same thing with Carquest's house brand, these are also made by Wix and are less then 4 bucks a piece.

Another source of Wix filters in Ontario is Carquest, their premium oil filter is the same as NAPA Gold and Wix. Also, believe it or not, the Kralinator oil filter that Mr Lube uses is a rebadged Wix filter too! (although I am not sure if Kralinators are actually sold anywhere, or if they are only used at Mr Lube)

I second (or third) Carquest. Got their Wix made (according to the parts guy) Carquest Red for my Honda Accord for around $5 after taxes, environmental fees etc.

To be honest, $10 isnt very much for a filter. Can barely buy lunch these days for $10!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Patman
Another source of Wix filters in Ontario is Carquest, their premium oil filter is the same as NAPA Gold and Wix. Also, believe it or not, the Kralinator oil filter that Mr Lube uses is a rebadged Wix filter too! (although I am not sure if Kralinators are actually sold anywhere, or if they are only used at Mr Lube)

Mr. Lube phased out Kralinators. They now sell Luberfiner. How are luberfiners?

Luberfiners are great as well, they are made by Champion Labs, it's their ecore design. I picked up a few for my caravan a year ago from a local parts store. They were pretty cheap, $2.87 per filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back