Oil filter shortage

I know Subaru has an oil filter shortage going on. I change my oil every six thousand miles or six months which every comes first. Went to my local Subaru dealer they handed me a generic blue filter that looks like AC Delco. They said if I don’t want that use a wix or wix xp. Or napa platinum. Well guess what Wix is out of their XP for the FB 2.5 engines and so is NAPA on their Platinum filter.
so is anyone else having issues getting their oil filters? Or finding what you normally use is not in stock? I ended up buying a Boss Purolator.

Cross referenced it to Fram Ultra
Napa 7055 or Fram XG7317

Avoid WIX 57055 or Napa 47055 (XP/Platinum version), the filtering efficiency is flat-out terrible compared to the plain 7055 and especially to the XG.

That said, I am fine using the Platinum as a trans filter on the older 4EATs since the factory trans filter is just designed to catch chunks…

Last edited:
I had few Purolator One PL14615 rated 15k miles from Menards $7.49 not including 11% rebate way back months ago.Plan to use these to once a year oil filter change and oil every 6 months change.Relatives had 2015 crosstrek,2010 Forester,2019 Forester,2020 forester. They average 9-11k miles a year on Chicago city driving and winters.

image.jpg

This will be my pick for a Subaru. Yes, I’m well aware it says Toyota on it - after all, this is the FR-S/FT-86/GR-86 filter for the FA20.

The wix gold or Napa filters should match the manufacturer specs pretty closely. The boss filter you used is probably just fine too.
If your not the type that has to chase around the greatest efficiency I think the wix xp/napa platinum are fine if you find them in stock later.

Back