oil/filter reccomendation for 94 integra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. i am buying a 1994 acura integra with 126k miles on it. very well maintained. a reciept book a mile long. it is getting cold here in omaha and i am looking for an oil reccomendation for the winter. i will probably put 30-35k miles a year on this car and want it to last a good long time. i looked at the recent oil filter study and am leaning toward a pureone filter. i know that they dont flow as well as other filters but i tihink that it is an okay tradeoff. how low on oil pressure would be too low? should i be looking into 0w30 oil? i have never used 0w oil in anything up until now. any advise?

also, should i autorx this thing? i will be taking the valve cover off to replace the gasket soon. if it looks cruddy should i just go ahead and do it?

I had a 95 Intregra and it ran great the entire time I owned it. I never had to repair a single thing and sold it at 95K. All I did was flush and fill the radiator and change the oil every 4000 miles. It did notice it ran a little smoother with Valvoline Maxlife 10-30, but it was never all that rough. It never gets that cold here in SC, at coldest 40F. But a 0W30 sounds perfect for Omaha.

I personally don't like the PureOne. To me the metal in the canister is very very thin. I realize it may not be an issue. But I just don't like it. I think that CarQuest males a good filter (WIX)

do a search under oil filters posted by joee12-great guy. i have a 90 integra that i still drive back and forth to work. it now has 192k. engine still runs great-body is trashed. i don't care, it is cheap reliable transportation. i personally liked the japanese Hamp filters if you can still find them. others have liked the oem as long as you can find the Filtech one. these days, i simply just use a Wix for convenience-they have been good.
highly recommend auto-rx. i did it in the auto tranny too-still shifts just fine-use only honda atf if its automatic. i have run german castrol or shaeffers the last 2.5 years with lc. somewhere on this board are pix after auto-rx with valve covers off. PUT ON A NEW TIMING BELT if it hasn't been done. it will run forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back