Oil filter media..

Please try and focus here. What is more important than filtering efficiency and construction integrity? Why would any sane thinking person put a brand name hang up over those two criteria?
I have no problem with Fram Tough guard, to do a Neighbor's oil change.. I have used them many times..
This makes more sense.

You're not making any sense to me I'm sorry....

What is OG ultra? I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying.. what I'm saying is.. there is no original equipment that make. Anything but cellulose blend media.. I don't even think they make cellulose synthetic media...
I understand that, it typically made by Purolator, champion, and so on.. I didn't word it correctly.. but no filter manufacturer, manufacturers a filter for a auto mobile manufacturer that has a synthetic media do they that is my question?
Yes, I'm not sure if there's a language barrier here but your opening post:
Obviously we have oil filter manufacturers that manufacture synthetic oil filters for 15 & 20k
But meanwhile the manufacturers are still using a standard cellulose blend media am I correct?
Thank you

Definitely wasn't asking what you attempted to clarify later.

GM also had (that's the operative word here) a synthetic media filter produced for them at one point in time, but that was quite a while ago. Toyota is the only passenger car manufacturer that has one produced for them that I know of off-hand, but there are other media types beyond basic cellulose employed, for example, there were some "fleece" style oil filters used by a couple of OEM's at one point.

Where you will see synthetic media filters showing up more readily is in the heavy duty market. Cummins, for example, has an extensive line of synthetic media filters for both their engines, and those from other marques.

Yes, I'm not sure if there's a language barrier here but your opening post:

Definitely wasn't asking what you attempted to clarify later.

GM also had (that's the operative word here) a synthetic media filter produced for them at one point in time, but that was quite a while ago. Toyota is the only passenger car manufacturer that has one produced for them that I know of off-hand, but there are other media types beyond basic cellulose employed, for example, there were some "fleece" style oil filters used by a couple of OEM's at one point.

Where you will see synthetic media filters showing up more readily is in the heavy duty market. Cummins, for example, has an extensive line of synthetic media filters for both their engines, and those from other marques.
Thank you

Mobil 1 & kn both have 20k filters using a synthetic blend media. Is a full synthetic media going to make a difference?

Well I guess it would have better efficiency.
Not always, see the WIX XP. But the AMSOIL, Royal Purple and OG Ultra were indeed higher efficiency fully synthetic media filters. The advantage of that combo is better flow at the same efficiency and depth filtration, which greatly increases contaminant holding capacity.

Not always, see the WIX XP. But the AMSOIL, Royal Purple and OG Ultra were indeed higher efficiency fully synthetic media filters. The advantage of that combo is better flow at the same efficiency and depth filtration, which greatly increases contaminant holding capacity.
Right now I'm just using regular Wix. But I see what you are saying. Obviously a regular Wix filter there's nowhere near the efficiency rating, of let's say the Royal purple.. and obviously it's a different media.. cellulose versus fiberglass

Right now I'm just using regular Wix. But I see what you are saying. Obviously a regular Wix filter there's nowhere near the efficiency rating, of let's say the Royal purple.. and obviously it's a different media.. cellulose versus fiberglass
Efficiency wise they're probably not that different, holding capacity wise the RP and Amsoil kill it. The regular Wix is more efficient than the XP.

GM also had (that's the operative word here) a synthetic media filter produced for them at one point in time, but that was quite a while ago.
Yep, the AC Delco UltraGold. When they first came out in early 2000 they were full synthetic and wire backed. I ran a few in the Z06 back then.

They are not full synthetic today, and don't know when they made the change away from the full synthetic media design - quite a few years ago I think. They pulled an "Ultra like" change way befor Fram did.

Micro-glass is still considered a synthetic media type actually. If you want to specify plastic/polypropylene filter media, that's called melt-blown media. Very different manufacturing processes.

Back