oil filter heat sink wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyknow where i can get a oil filter wrap heat sink? these are aluminum and just wrap around the oil filter it cools the oil by 30 degrees. i saw it on trucks ( on tv)

Check your pm's. I sent you the link for the product. I saw it over the weekend, too. I'm going to look into it a bit more before I decide to buy.

Is it a radiator that slips onto the filter and cools by convection?

Please send me a PM anyway.

Thanks,

Mola

[ June 23, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Gotrek and Mola,
You have pm's (almost forgot the apostrophe, whew,
grin.gif
)

It is a finned aluminum cover that fits over oil filters and is tightened with a hose clamp.

Mods, would this be an appropriate link to post in the links section? It is a product, but I'm not going to benefit from it selling.

[ June 23, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: W8liftr ]

Just go to the jegs/jcwhitney/search engines... and search for "oil filter collar" or "cool collar". Most other speedshop websites should have it also.

Actually, the way I did it was entering ["Innovations LLC" and "oil filter"] in a google search--brings up the only option possible. Be sure to use the quotes.

For all those interested, here's the link:
Cool Collar Oil Cooler
 -

Installs around any 3" to 3-5/8" diameter oil filter.

Converts your oil filter into an oil cooler and may save hundreds of dollars on engine repairs and replacement!

Works like a heat sink to lower oil temperature to safe water temperature level.

Excellent for protecting the engine when off-roading. Protects filter from debris and rocks while adding a custom look. Installs quickly and stays secured with a stainless steel clamp (included).

No lines to install or fittings to leak. Won't interfere with airflow through radiator.

3 - 3 1/2" (adjustable diameter) x 3 5/8" length

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on their test results and experiences anyone here may have with the product.

[ June 24, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

I'd like to see some hard data on these too. I find it hard to believe that it would have much effect on oil temps...

Then again, many find it hard to believe that the radiator tank mounted cooler in the Impala SS has much effect, but when documented, the cooler reduced temps by 40F vs no cooler(peak 230F vs 270F), which is the same as the oil to air cooler does for the taxi and cop cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back