Oil filter has only 2k miles but 2 years on it. Can I leave it on for next oil change?

You mean besides the torn ones repeatedly documented here on Bitog and elsewhere:
Guess it all has to do with the meaning of “NOTHING” being wrong with them.

Wow, I'm totally convinced now! The cited thread has 10 posts. TEN. No actual problems, just one person was upset about the design. Let me summarize that particular thread.

Dude bought a 2008 Truck of unknown maintenance in 2017, 9 years old. He changed the oil (no idea if he did it correctly or used the correct weight or dino or synthetic) then drove it 2500 miles including towing and hauling. Then he changed out the 820S. The filter media is black as coal. That's a hint that there's possibly something else going on with that 10 year old truck, unrelated to the filter.

When I change out syntethic oil after 3000 miles, in my well maintained 4Runner that I know the history of, it's still carmel colored. Dino oil is black. When I change out oils from cars with unknown motors and maintenance, it's often black... we have NO idea of the history of that 10 year old truck.

Color me unpersuaded....

Wow, I'm totally convinced now! The cited thread has 10 posts. TEN. No actual problems, just one person was upset about the design. Let me summarize that particular thread.

Dude bought a 2008 Truck of unknown maintenance in 2017, 9 years old. He changed the oil (no idea if he did it correctly or used the correct weight or dino or synthetic) then drove it 2500 miles including towing and hauling. Then he changed out the 820S. The filter media is black as coal. That's a hint that there's possibly something else going on with that 10 year old truck, unrelated to the filter.

When I change out syntethic oil after 3000 miles, in my well maintained 4Runner that I know the history of, it's still carmel colored. Dino oil is black. When I change out oils from cars with unknown motors and maintenance, it's often black... we have NO idea of the history of that 10 year old truck.

Color me unpersuaded....
I already know how to color you. Do you think no one knows? I’m not the only one.

When I was 19/20..1994//95..my friend also same age,found a 1950s Plymouth valiant! Got it jome.original chrome inside..choke knob..beutiful! Some fried or pteist,owned the car,never have it an oil change,in 30 something years.he only drive itlocak,as ithad34,000 miles on it. It had an original filter on.so..he decided too do an oil change. Oil filter was packed,with sludge. He used MMM with the oil,intending 500 miledrive,but some 40 miles in,it leaked like a sieve,from anywhere their was a gasket on the engine blick.it was dead.....moral..stay on complete oil changes!he had too scrap the car.

Back