Oil Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone!

Having just perused the recent issue of "Modified Mag," I noticed there was an advertisement for Oil Extreme < SNIP > Their motto is "Better than Synthetic."

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge/experience/opinions on this product.

Cheers,
Jeff

[ December 29, 2002, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Hello Jeff,

There are several earlier threads on their products. Here are a couple that came up from searching this forum for "oilextreme":

Anyone ever heard about "Oilextreme" Products ?? Here's the web site..

Ever Heard of Oil Extreme??

You can almost always turn up a few hits on unknowns like this.

Welcome BTW! (if nobody else has)
welcome.gif

David

Terry D. has more experience with this product than I do, but conversations with some of the principles shows it's an overbased calcium carbonate (or sulfonate - they were aomewhat vague). The chemistry behind it was orginally formulated in 1992 (this info from technical papers), but never developed in the US until recently. It has FM and AW properties, and works similarly to MoTDC, except this stuff (OE) is not in solution, but in suspension.

I believe Terry D. said that the product has a short life, approx. 3k miles.

[ December 29, 2002, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

I have one question and one statement.

QUESTION:
dragboat, why did you move this to the additive section. This is motor oil.

STATEMENT:
I ran a test on this product with Terry Dyson. This was on my 2000 Pontiac GP with the 3.8L engine. I ran the Oil Extreme 5W30 6,000 miles and the test results came back very impressive. I have discarded the test results, but if Terry still has them, he can post them on this site.

Bob it is an oil additive and was referred as one in a post by Dyson in the analysis section where he was testing it I guess? I don't read his posts much because there are many to read that interests me more,but I got that much out of it,it is an additive and if they have an oil also,their additive is in it,I snipped the direct link per your rules and moved it to the additive section where it belonged
Here is the additve:

http://www.oilextreme.com/oil1.html

A far as post being deleted? Dyson you should know because you have even commented bout the few forum problems and lost posts,and as far as where to place these tests or whatever they are I assume they are analysis you know the drill by now,if not you don't learn so quick imo
tongue.gif
So I will take your post as a snide remark imo,not toleratd even by non paying site sponsors . This is a equal oppurtunity forum,,everyone gets the chance to play by the rules,everyone gets the chance to get the law layed down on them if snide remarks are made or more,,even when poorly hidded to the keen eye imo.

Johnny,,out of time for you tonight,will send you a PM tommorrow AM

[ December 31, 2002, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

With the moderators permission I will post those results using Oil Extreme for all to see here.
Let me know where you want it.

Seems stuff gets deleted and moved at a rapid pace anymore.

Terry, If its an oil analysis, please post in the oil analysis section that way it doesn't get lost in all the oil questions.

I will put this back into the car oil section since this is on the motor oil topic but as stated, sometimes some of this stuff can be mistaken as additives so please pardon us for the mis understanding.

Originally Posted By: BOBISTHEOILGUY
Terry, If its an oil analysis, please post in the oil analysis section

Wow. There's an actual guy named Bob? His last post was 2008...

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
Originally Posted By: BOBISTHEOILGUY
Terry, If its an oil analysis, please post in the oil analysis section

Wow. There's an actual guy named Bob? His last post was 2008...

smirk.gif

Stop posting 5 new threads a day and go back and learn the basics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back