Oil Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean no disrespect here at all guys. I just wish we could get some new Ford Trucks down there so ya'll could tow and beat on them in the desert only running Ford spec. 5W-20.
It would be interesting.

I'd just like to see Ford put through the Outback with towing and hauling with the Motorcraft 5W-20 and Mobil 1 0W-20.

Keep us informed. I'm sure it's been done. Any info??

I haven't seen a lot on this with towing at high temps.

What about people from Arizona or Nevada? They must see temps just as high if not higher than Australians.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
What about people from Arizona or Nevada? They must see temps just as high if not higher than Australians.

True, but Ford exec. would likely be telling them what the results would be beforehand. I'd just like to see some independent tests, mainly.

The Aussie's definitely have the thicker is better attitude, so if they got great results down there I thought they might post it.

I'm wanting to know how this performs real world.

0W20 and 5W20 arent readily available here. Mobil have 10W30 minimum. One very expensive 0W20 is available, Fuchs Titan GT-1 but have only seen a few advertisements for it in mags and a spec sheet Fuchs Australia emailed me.

Evidently, you know how to use the internet, so why not order from Amsoil. Simply, just poke a few keys and it wlll be there in a few days.

Tom must be lost.
grin.gif

Yep, you just can't find 5W-20 anywhere in Australia. This viscosity is not sold by any of the majors.

Also, it is not the recommended oil for any vehicles AFAIK, and if it was, I doubt if anyone would use it.

Dave

[ April 21, 2004, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: DavoNF ]

Dave,
quite true, the lightest that I've seen in any of the manuals from ford and G.M. at work are 5W-30.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:

One very expensive 0W20 is available, Fuchs Titan GT-1 but have only seen a few advertisements for it in mags and a spec sheet Fuchs Australia emailed me.

FWIW that is a zincless formulation ....ACEA A1 I believe

Closest aftermarket I've seen to 5w20 is the Castrol Formula R 5w30.

Dave, amen to no one using it - 20W50 is the norm here. I think BITOG regulars would be surpised (shocked?) that 20w50 usually makes up half of the shelf space at auto stores.

quote:

20W50 is the norm here. I think BITOG regulars would be surpised (shocked?) that 20w50 usually makes up half of the shelf space at auto stores

Well, what do you expect? How can a mate play "Road Warrior" with 0W-20? It just donnu soun ri-oit.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back