Oil container falls over and some oil leaked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some PP yesterday from Walmart, a 5 qt jug. The top was sealed, but it toppled over in my truck and when I got home about 1-2 oz must have leaked out from under the lid. I don't plan on using this oil for a while I was adding it to my stash. Should I return it, fear of air getting into the container? Or am I concerned about nothing? I'm sure plenty of air is already in the container from packaging, since they aren't vacuum packed.

AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
I bought some PP yesterday from Walmart, a 5 qt jug. The top was sealed, but it toppled over in my truck and when I got home about 1-2 oz must have leaked out from under the lid. I don't plan on using this oil for a while I was adding it to my stash. Should I return it, fear of air getting into the container? Or am I concerned about nothing? I'm sure plenty of air is already in the container from packaging, since they aren't vacuum packed.

AD
Ah fresh oil air freshener for the car, I always keep a fresh open qt in the car for the aroma.

First time for me using a 5 qt jug. I checked the ring seal and it was good, so I didn't take the cap off to check.

AD

I was just asking, I've never bought PP 5 QT jugs before either so I wasn't sure.

Actually a good question, you have me wondering now too.

AD

Originally Posted By: ctc
PP 5 qt jugs don't have a foil seal?

As info, I recently purchased two jugs of PP and they did NOT have a foil seal.

I wouldn't worry, like mechtech2 said there was air in the bottle when new. Which brings out another point. Even if you had an open bottle of oil, closed the top tightly after using a small amount, then used that oil a few years later it would still be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back