Oil Consumption Question (Amsoil 0W30, Jeep 4.0-TJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am very confused!
confused.gif

Thanks.

This is one owner used truck I found this spring with 72,000 miles and loaded with options. I use it to plow snow (Western Ultra-Mount system) and off-road other times. I am going to see how long I can go without changing oil.

I was going to install it on the 2001 GMC sitting nect to this in the photo but that one is a little harder to mount.
 -

Is it safe to assume that your hoses drain back in to the engine once you shut the car off? If so, then how come your oil pressure gauge doesn't register a delay? Is the sensor located before the filters instead of after? I have a very similar install and since day one I have been getting a ~4 sec delay. If I shut the car off and turn it on again, with in a few minute span, then I get no delay because the hoses have not completely drained.

I’m still confused. Can anyone explain the difference?

By the way, nice install!

I don't think that the delay is anything to worry about. Mine takes that same 3-4 seconds to push the needle off of zero....but I hear no valve lash yadayada ..

I have the same setup you do ..except mine is where the airbox used to be.
....and I have NO CONSUMPTION in 78500 miles

4.0 99 Wrangler.

I personally like Amsoil ATM in this engine as it's closer to a 40wt oil. I am very anxious in seeing the UOA on this oil. It's a very "hit or miss" oil. Usually miss.
grin.gif
Very nice setup BTW, hope it works out for you.
cheers.gif

Here's some numbers to shoot at. We don't do any off-roading, but high speed/high heat is an everyday occurence more than 1/2 of year. Plus some light towing (under 5000-lbs):

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000646

Am continuing to experiment, so I look forward to what you come up with. I like this little Jeep so much am thinking of buying an identical one as a second driver.

Guys,

THANKS for all the help. I will post the UOA by the end of December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back