Oil consumption by crop 20 consumers

Here is some info on the top 20% consumers of oil in the world by volume and by capita.
Canada, being colder and separated by long distances is way up there on a per capita basis. Hooraw!

35691181-4426-427C-9816-5F1183A5C00E.png

Some of the numbers seemed a bit odd? So I looked up Singapore, it has 3 refineries capable for refining all their daily consumption. I imagine most of it gets used somewhere else in area? Same with Saudi Arabia, they must refine some there and ship it out?

Some of the numbers seemed a bit odd? So I looked up Singapore, it has 3 refineries capable for refining all their daily consumption. I imagine most of it gets used somewhere else in area? Same with Saudi Arabia, they must refine some there and ship it out?
Desalination plants use a lot of energy. In addition they have hug construction projects going and concrete requires a lot of energy.

also some countries use ethanol or LPG for fuel.. how does that affect oil per capita?

The biggest surprise to me is Singapore. My guess is S Korea and Japan are high because of industrial use rather than residential. How did Singapore use so much when it is hot as heck and small?

Not surprised by Saudi if their oil is cheaper than water and people all drove V8 SUVs.

The biggest surprise to me is Singapore. My guess is S Korea and Japan are high because of industrial use rather than residential. How did Singapore use so much when it is hot as heck and small?

Not surprised by Saudi if their oil is cheaper than water and people all drove V8 SUVs.
I assume by refining it and shipping gas, diesel, oil, to other countries in the area? I wouldn't count it as consumption but I guess its hard to break out what the Singapore uses vs. ships elsewhere.

Back