Oil compatibility

Hi oil guru's newbie question I can't find an answer for. I have a 2022 Toyota Highlander that the manual says SAE 0W20 , I have 14ltrs of Castrol Edge Professional V 0W-20 A5/B5 left over from the volvo I had, is this ok to use without any damage

Attachments

• IMG_20220913_173220606.jpg
    IMG_20220913_173220606.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 88
The following thread is somewhat related, but not exactly:

From a warranty perspective, I wouldn't recommend using an oil without the certification(s) called for by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

From a warranty perspective, I wouldn't recommend using an oil without the certification(s) called for by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

Thanks for the reply, good point I think I'll keep it for after warranty runs out

His Toyota is 2022. You ask if it calls for API SJ of 1996?
Yep, saw that when I hit post and didn't take the time to edit because I thought "Maybe that guy won't be pedantic today.", given I had asked OP for the actual spec from Toyota. Which was provided. Before you took the time to be pedantic.

High five.

I'm surprised they actually call for at least SL which would've ran out in 2004 and their vehicle is a '22 model, I figured they would've called for at least SN or newer.

Hi oil guru's newbie question I can't find an answer for. I have a 2022 Toyota Highlander that the manual says SAE 0W20 , I have 14ltrs of Castrol Edge Professional V 0W-20 A5/B5 left over from the volvo I had, is this ok to use without any damage
I would prefer that oil.

I'd use it.

What country? prison island? In the US, we don't get those 'grade choices'. Its 0w20 or get flogged by Toyota.

Back