OIL CHQANGE INDICATOR IS AGGRESSIVELY SHORT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
I would live to get my hands on a 5.7 HEMI ...Just what my little jeep needs !

They did an SRT HEMI Jeep. Not sure if you know that. That sucker is FAST!
shocked2.gif

I am aware of serveral HEMI swaps. You have to watch the wrecking yards like a Hawk. They go fast. They fit in the JK easily.

I am aware of serveral HEMI swaps. You have to watch the wrecking yards like a Hawk. They go fast. They fit in the JK easily.

No, this is factory. You have been able to get a regular 5.7L HEMI Grand Cherokee or a 6.1L( 420 HP ) SRT-8 Grand Cherokee for a couple years now. I didn't mean in any model but the GC but figured I would mention it.

Yeah, this winter one of those GC's should have an accident in the snow nearby ..hopefully with low miles. Then I can pull the engine and tranny and instal it in a real jeep.

Yeah, this winter one of those GC's should have an accident in the snow nearby ..hopefully with low miles. Then I can pull the engine and tranny and instal it in a real jeep.

The SRT8 model anyway is AWD so they perform well in snow. You may have to wait a while.

I'd bet the OLM is pretty close. Driving around in low range defintely takes it's toll (not to mention the frequent start/stops). I was able to keep the iron in the single digits on a 1-2K run in my 2.5L using Delo SAE30. I thought that was pretty good given it's a 95% trail rig. Gary recommended tracking gallons of fuel burned, but I've been lazy.

Anyway, I'd run the Torquepower 10W30 for the summer and then run the 5W30 for winter. Switch back to 5W20 when your stash is gone. I'm actually planning a trip to Moab in early Oct and am thinking about which oil to run (3 months before the trip, and I'm thinking about oil...LOL). I was going to either keep the Delo SAE30 in there, or do my winter change a little early to either QS green or Valv white in the 5W30 flavor. I also have a qt or two of QS torquepower 5W30 sitting around (may make a blend). Looks like the average temps range from 35-45 @ night to 65-80 @ day. That would be fine for even the SAE30 (pour point of -24*F).

Forget the Hemi. I'd finally break down and buy a JK if they came with the 2.8L diesel. I suppose you can buy one from AEV, but if I'm going to spend $50K, I'd buy a Ford King Ranch Crew Cab Doooly first.

I plan on hitting Moab when it cools down some. The JK is pretty nice and the aftermarket has been very good about providing many choices in a short time. I wouldn't have bought a JK for the prices they have been going for. I got mine used with just less than 3k on the clock and got a pretty good deal due to timing and location. I see what they are asking for some of these and it just blows my mind. My wife wants her own jeep(double money pits)and with the economy like it is I am watching for a good deal for her but she may get a tj or yj if I find the right one.

The mini van 3.8 motor is reliable and utilitarian but the altitude makes anything but a v8 feel anemic. I know when I step up the suspension and tires I am going to need a regear and I am going to lose the use of 6th gear altogether. Yeah it's going to be hot enough for a few more months that I will use up the 10w30 first, I don't think this engine cares. It just likes to spin right under 3k and it is in its happy place(no VVT or anything advanced other than the rollerized valvetrain in this motor).

On my dad's SRT-8 the dealer makes him change the M1 0w40 every 3k!!!

I showed him in the manual that it allowed for 6k & that I'd recommend 5k but he insits doing what "Jeep" tells him to. LOL "Jeep" being the dealer to him.

You will love moab. I did it in a TJ a few years ago. I recommend the Gemeni Bridges trail for one that is beautiful and not too technical.

Get the GPS coordinates for Gemeni Bridges though, it's really easy to miss without knowing it.

Like you said, I'd wait until it's cooler. I did it in mid June and it was getting really hot.

hahaha. Overconfident drivers. accelerating traction does not equal braking traction..

That reminds me of the idiot that rear ended me in my old beater 87 Cherokee. It was extremely icy out and a dusting of snow was starting to fall on top of the ice. I'm at a stoplight and out of the corner of my eye, I see a vehicle rapidly (too rapidly) approaching in the rearview. I yelled out "Aww f---!" and about 2 seconds later he slid into the rear of the Jeep at about 15mph.

I get out. His brand new (at the time) GMC truck with all the fancy trim options has a headlight out and a 6" diamter hole punched through the front fascia from my hitch. The fascia is also hanging down on one side.

Guy: "Are you okay?"
Me: "Yep, but your truck sure isn't. Mine's just got a bent bumper."
Guy: "I don't get it. I had it in 4WD and the truck has ABS."
Me: "Are you that stupid? 4WD doesn't do anything for breaking and your ABS doesn't mean you can stop on a dime on ice. It just keeps your truck braking in a straight line instead of skidding sideways out of control."

I went home, got out a 4 foot pry bar and a log chain, looped the chain over a stump and attached it to the bumper and pulled the bumper back into shape.

I wouldn't be that confrontationalI just wait for the right vehicle with the wrong driver to come together in the perfect weather to give me a HEMI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back