oil choice: m1 hm vs rotella t6. 5.3 vortec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jus wondering which would be best for my 02 5.3 136,xxx miles. I don't race it everywhere but I don't drive like a grandpa either. I want the best performance and longest engine life. It doesn't have cats so no worry's with the zinc/phos. Content it has had m1 hm 5w30 in it since 78,xxx jus wondering if that is my best choice. Thanks for the help

The Mobil 1 will flow better at all temperatures and would be the superior choice. I don't think you'll gain anything with the overly thick T6 5w40.

Originally Posted By: chevytherealdeal
Jus wondering which would be best for my 02 5.3 136,xxx miles. I don't race it everywhere but I don't drive like a grandpa either. I want the best performance and longest engine life. It doesn't have cats so no worry's with the zinc/phos. Content it has had m1 hm 5w30 in it since 78,xxx jus wondering if that is my best choice. Thanks for the help

We have raised and killed dozens of these. We run whatever synthetic is on sale in a 30w until consumption becomes an issue. Then we switch to Maxlife exclusively.

Typically these go far past 200k miles, you should have a lot left...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back