Oil changing-Topsider

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about changing your oil with a topsider, does anybody use a topsider, what brand do you use?
slowlane

I like to use a Topsider for changing the oil in my high wheeled weed trimmer and my lawnmower. I don't use it for my car. The weed trimmer has a drain plug that will be damaged very easily and it is a hassle to change the oil anyway in these machines. The alternative is to somehow get the machines up from the ground on a platform so that you can change the oil or turn them over sideways. The Topsider works just as well with less mess.

I have always used the Topsider for the lawnmower. I don't know about its drain plug. But the weed trimmer has a lousy drain plug that you do not want to mess with. It is made out of plastic.

I use a topsider and am pleased with the results. My oil filters are located up top (BMWs) as well, so it makes for a very easy job. My wifes X5 has an 8 qt. capacity and all 8 qts. come out with the topsider. Best $50 I've spent lately. No runs, no drips, no errors. BTW, I use the Pela extractor and it's available at www.overton.com. Do a search on oil extractor. I use item #26696.

I also use a suction style oil evacuator. I believe its called a Pela and was purchased at Overton's.

Its great for all that hard to drain stuff like gear boxes, power steering systems and mower engines. I don't use mine for the crankcase except in bad weather. I like getting under the car to drain my oil gives me the a chance to check out the greasy side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back