Oil changes for my vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here...please bear with me...

I have 3 vehicles that will be getting changed soon. I picked up some Valvoline DuraBlend to use in each of the vehicles with different viscocities.

VW Jetta 2.0L - DuraBlend 10w40
Fiero 2m6 2.8L - DuraBlend 10w30
Dodge Dakota 3.9L - DuraBlend 10w30

I'll also be using the Purolator Filters for each car.

The only real concern I have is on the VW. I read that it was an oil burner, so I went with a heavier grade. Do you guys think that choice in Viscosity was good? What about the brand of oil all around?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

I for one don't care for Vavoline as they, at least in the past, have been pretty skimpy on their additive packaging. However, the weights sound good except I'm not sure about the Jetta. It's on here somewhere, but there has been a lot of discussion on some of the requirements that VW put out for oil use and a lot of oils can't meet it. Hopefully others will chime in here and spin your turbos up to date.

I think your Jetta would be fine as long as you don't get past 7-7.5k miles on this valvoline. I'm sure dealears use much worse oil and for the longer drain interval (is it 10k miles normal interval for Jetta?). Any synthetic 10w-30 would probably be a better choice.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back