oil change stickers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get them from the store, but now I use the "next sample due" ones that come with my Blackstone kits.

I just write it on a piece of masking tape and stick it on the back of the sunvisor. Works for me, but if you have a nice brand new car you probably want the nicer official stickers.

I keep a little notebook in the glovebox of each of my cars. I note date and milage of all service; like oil,lube,tires, and all parts changes.

My grandad tought my dad to do this, and my dad tought me. There is never any question as to when something was done or missed.

However I also put one of those little stickers on the windshield of the wifes car to help her remind me when the oil needs changed

Mark the miles when it was changed, not +3000 mi, on the windshield where the (ugly) sticker would go.

I scribble the current mileage on the filter with a red paint marker. I know it's not conventional to write down the current mileage and could possible scare somebody (they'll think it's 12,000 km overdue...) but that's how I do it. Sorry Wayne, no idea what 12K is in miles.

Cheers, Steve

I run a Palm App called AutoMobile, it tracks maintenance and repairs, plus offers reminders by date, mileage or both.

It says it's time to change the oil filter on my Geo, so I gotta go
wink.gif

TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back