Oil change on 2.7L Ecoboost from the top using an oil extractor?

Since the oil filter on the 2.7 needs to be removed from the top I was wondering if anyone has been successful sucking the oil from the top to eliminate having to crawl underneath. I just bought a 2017 Fusion Sport with this engine and am unable to determine if this will work as there may be a check valve or something else that would prevent this method. I use an oil extractor on my other vehicles and can’t find anyone who has been successful with this method on the 2.7 yet!

Don't know how accurate this it.

Since the oil filter on the 2.7 needs to be removed from the top I was wondering if anyone has been successful sucking the oil from the top to eliminate having to crawl underneath. I just bought a 2017 Fusion Sport with this engine and am unable to determine if this will work as there may be a check valve or something else that would prevent this method. I use an oil extractor on my other vehicles and can’t find anyone who has been successful with this method on the 2.7 yet!
Unfortunately not all engines can accept a hose down the tube, so what Skyactiv posted is probably accurate.

my 2.7 is known to have the dipstick in a baffled section of the pan which does not give good flow to the sump. The OM states 15 minutes for the level to settle prior to checking, and folks ignorant of that end up with overfilled engines. Unless this is incorrect, vacuum won’t work.

Like Meep says, no, it won't work due to the design. And if you take it in for quick lube service and they get you out in 15 minutes, its a virtual guarantee you are over filled.

Vacuum is unable to remove all of the oil on these engines. Leaves about two quarts which cannot be accessed with suction tube. Ask me how I know.

my 2.7 is known to have the dipstick in a baffled section of the pan which does not give good flow to the sump. The OM states 15 minutes for the level to settle prior to checking, and folks ignorant of that end up with overfilled engines. Unless this is incorrect, vacuum won’t work.
We had a tech here who refused to aknowledge this and managed to constantly overfill those trucks to the point where they stopped giving them to him. Thankfully he washed out so he is someone else's problem now.

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my question and as a result I am ordering Steeda jacking rails so I can get underneath my Fusion easier to change the oil. I can’t stand the thought of jacking up on just the pinch welds and the rails will make it a breeze. Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!

Back