oil change gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to be sensitive to this actually happening, but I have to admit I did chuckle quite a bit whilst reading. It seems as though every single thing that could've gone wrong...did...almost. The only thing that would've made it worse would've been if you forgot to fill the engine with fresh oil, thank goodness that didn't happen.
56.gif

Sorry for your seemingly never ending cascading of accidental errors. I hope that you post your final resolution so that we can all learn...for when it happens to us.

Last edited:
I dont know about you, but I wouldnt be undoing the oil cooler lines. The cooler is expensive as are the lines and man I'd hate for them to strip out or fatigue the rubber. I replaced those lines on my car and what a pain in the Arse!!

lol... I had a similar "incident" a few weeks ago.... I just put up my new garage w/ new poured concrete floor. I built a waste oil burner for heat and was out working one night and needed to refill my waste oil container (5 gallon bucket for now until I put up my external storage tank outside) Anyway I was attempting to refill the bucket, had about 2-3 gallons in it and my hand slipped dumping the entire bucket of oil all over me and my new garage floor!!! Ruined a pair of jeans, new pair of shoes and had one [censored] of a mess!!! I immediately covered it with fine saw dust and just let it soak for a day or so and swept it all up once saturated. Then I used purple power and simple green to clean the concrete. It did a fairly decent job really but you can still see slightly where the spill occurred...

I have found that cement mix will absorb the oil and stain right out of the concrete, just sprinkle over the stain and let stand for a few days and then sweep up, works like a charm.

Regards,
Kent

It's concrete so this should be pretty easy. Blacktop is tough, but concrete is easy.

Go to the local auto parts store and ask for a pail of the orange powdered concrete floor cleaner. There are many brands and they all work the same way.

Remove any metal object from the area. Lay out the powder, then spray water on it. Let it soak for at least five minutes, then brush it and let it soak for another five minutes. The cleaner will turn the oil into soap. Rinse it away with a lot of water. You may have a little bit of gray staining left afterwards, but the next heavy rain will get rid of that.

Super bad luck, seriously go get some Killz concrete paint and paint your concrete slab at dark that night, those city officials are likely going to try and charge you with hazmat clean up and environmental impact damages, California does not take such matters lightly.

While they are leading a campaign of tomfoolery ill just keep giving my used oil to local farmers who use it to heat their homes and burn their trash.
happy2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back