oil change for Venza 4 cyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toyota Venza on order and saw that they don't use a spin on filter. What's it like changing these filters? Someone said you can just drain the oil by removing the filter housing.

Originally Posted By: Pluto5
I have a Toyota Venza on order and saw that they don't use a spin on filter. What's it like changing these filters? Someone said you can just drain the oil by removing the filter housing.

Some like the setup. I don't. I find it a PITA. No, you can NOT drain all the oil by removing the filter housing.

Think of changing oil on a German car, just a bit awkward.

I've been changing the oil/filter on a 08 RX350, a very similar setup. It's not bad at all, it's actually less messy compared to the conventional spin-off setup. They provide a plastic nozzle that clips on before taking off the housing and directs the oil to a similar direction as the location of oil drain off as the engine oil pan plug. You can use the 4 dollar "universal" 65/67 mm oil filter wrench from Walmart like I've been doing the past 8 oil changes but if you get one that is 65mm (exact I believe) you won't have any slippage problems. Just don't overtighten anything, as long as you do that, you're good to go.

It's too bad what happened to the Sentra which lost its 'rides on rails' handling and promise of power prowess with the new shell which I don't think will ever catch on like the previous model Nissan Sentra which last like 13 years or something?!? The new one probably and sadly won't even come close and will be scrapped or heavily modified with a few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back