Oil change Chevy HHR over 250,000 miles.

I have decided after seeing how much money I can save doing my own oil changes I am going to start changing my it myself, I know it calls for 5w30 dexos approved motor oil, do you have any recommendations on which brand of oil I should use or does it matter? the dealership uses Ac Delco when they change it

E8D62479-40ED-434C-A8CE-F9D96DBEBC04.jpeg

I have decided after seeing how much money I can save doing my own oil changes I am going to start changing my it myself, I know it calls for 5w30 dexos approved motor oil, do you have any recommendations on which brand of oil I should use or does it matter? the dealership uses Ac Delco when they change it
Follow the specs in your manual. Brand doesn't matter much, changing the oil when it's time is what counts.

What oil got it to 1/4 million miles…? :unsure:
At one time I was taking it to Walmart where they would put Quaker state 5w30 full synthetic in it, I stopped taking after an unprofessional employee underfilled it & even put the wrong car on the receipt, the past 3 oil changes I have been taking it to a dealership where they use Ac Delco 5w30 on oil changes.

Honestly, those engines couldn't care less what goes in them as long as it is xW30 and clean. Now I would personally use full synthetic oil of any brand, but it wouldn't care if you used 20 year old conventional oil from a yard sale either. Those engines were great as long as the oil was actually changed once in a while. Take good care of it and you will be surprised at how far it will go.

It's an older-style 2.4, right?

I have that engine in my Cobalt and it's got almost 270K miles on it. I just use regular Pennzoil yellow-bottle 5W30. Still purrs like a kitten.

You'll be fine.

Back