Oil Catch Can Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: skyship
Is that using normal fuel??

Mine? Yes, either Esso (XOM) or Petro-Canada.

94 octane for me since i bought the car new in 2010. I will be running 50/50 water/meth mix for cooling and cleaning.

The oil catch can i will be using is something made by John Powell. I happy that his unit will have a drain tube back into the block so i dont have to drain the [censored] thing.

I am hoping that once i walnut blast the valves, install the oil catch can, install the meth injection kit, and run low ash oil it will help prevent this from happening again. It is a known issue with GM and i have had friends have their motor blow up due to the carbon build up.

Last edited:
I wonder how my Accent looks like. It is also a direct injection engine with 30k miles.

Hyundai recommends the use of techron fuel additives. However, since owning the car, the performance of it really hasn't degraded.

I guess I stirred the hornets nest a bit lol.

On a stock car as Overkill/SteveSRT8 stated you will never see a difference unless their is some huge failing on the stock setup(Saab turbos come to mind).

Now if you are modifying the engine to the extreme(N2O) then you can take appropriate measures I'll agree.

It doesn't lower octane enough to be noticed on a stock car, [censored] the weather has more effect on that than anything else. You could dyno the car with and without there wouldn't be a measurable difference again unless highly modified.

Although at that point people just you valvecover breathers and let it escape naturally.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: accent2012
I wonder how my Accent looks like. It is also a direct injection engine with 30k miles.

Hyundai recommends the use of techron fuel additives. However, since owning the car, the performance of it really hasn't degraded.

Fuel additives will not help the situation since the fuel is being directly injected in to the chamber, sure the bottom of the valves will be cleaned, but nothing is able to clean the top of the valves, ( see my pic ).

Originally Posted By: r3v07ut10n
Fuel additives will not help the situation since the fuel is being directly injected in to the chamber, sure the bottom of the valves will be cleaned, but nothing is able to clean the top of the valves, ( see my pic ).

Many VVT motors can easily dial in some reversion to clean the valves. Some must be doing this because the thousands and thousands of DI motors are not simply quitting left and right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back