Oil capacity 2009 Grand Cherokee 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the 2009 3.7 V-6 is different from the 2008 and earlier, so this is a 2009 question.
The owners manual says 5 quarts of oil (4.7 l) with filter change and the dealer just charged me for 6 liters and says the manual is wrong.

Next change I'll do myself and I'll know, but I'd like to know kf anyone has already done theirs.

It shows full, I'm wondering whether it was full at 5 qts and they charge the extra without putting it in.

Just looked up the 06 Grand Cherokee and Amsoil says it takes 5 quarts as well.

Not sure why the you think the 09 is different than the other years, but I get why you're ticked at the dealer.

Places like jeepforum.com will have your answer about the capacity, but I think you already figured it out....you got taken by the dealer
frown.gif

I don't know all of the differences, as I don't have a 2008 to compare, but the 2008 and earlier use 3/4 in thread filters and the 2009 use a M22 x 1.5

I don't think they changed the oil capacity. It is the 4.7l v8 that is different. Ur vehicle should be exactly 5 quarts. You just got hosed.

Originally Posted By: widman
I know the 2009 3.7 V-6 is different from the 2008 and earlier, so this is a 2009 question.
The owners manual says 5 quarts of oil (4.7 l) with filter change and the dealer just charged me for 6 liters and says the manual is wrong.

Next change I'll do myself and I'll know, but I'd like to know kf anyone has already done theirs.

Did they charge you for 6 liters or 6 quarts? 6 liters = 6.33 quarts.

Either way, call another dealer or call Jeep directly and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back