Oil: brand loyal or sale loyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ATex7239
Originally Posted By: blupupher

I’m curious how many clearance posts are a farce, and just attention seeking behavior because the verbal (mainly this site) community reinforces it. No different than rappers talking about how gangster they are, country singers singing about how country they are, and so forth.

I’ve spent the majority of my life in Texas, but have spent a few yrs in FL, IL, and WA – never once seen one of these blow out clearances. I’m not doubting all of them, but I’m cautiously skeptical. What’s the old saying, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I’ve seen talk about it, no proof. Maybe I just haven’t been around long enough.

Yes, this is a farce and I am just a rapper bragging about how gangsta' I am.

full-4879-2853-receipt.jpg

There are plenty of other posts with receipts for your proof (like this one, or this one) to show these things are real.
Apparently you look for proof as hard as you look for the clearances.

This post has proof of an e-pack I got from Walmart (6 gallons of oil for
If you don't believe it, fine, you don't have too and you can keep paying full price for your oil.
You apparently have not looked very hard at all for these deals (just look in this forum, see something posted, then as you are out an about doing things, stop by and see).
Sure some stores may not have it where you are, and you may not ever come across one, but they are out there in abundance.

And am I attention seeking, no, no more than you are with your constant negative and doubting attitude in every single post you make.
People get good deals on oil, they are on an oil site, they want to share with others that they too may be able to get the same good deal.

I may be bragging a little though.
grin2.gif

Right on. Bubble officially bursted.

Don’t get your feelings hurt just because I don’t take what people I’ve never met post online at face value. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but people embellish things. Shocker I know.

If that make me negative, so be it i guess

Oh and BTW, negative on every single post... Really?

That’s an embellish, friend.

Are these blow outs online or are they in store specials only? I haven't seen any steals either but then again I don't scour for them constantly or belong to many sites that would send me ads.

Right on. Bubble officially bursted.

Don’t get your feelings hurt just because I don’t take what people I’ve never met post online at face value. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but people embellish things. Shocker I know.

If that make me negative, so be it i guess

Feelings not hurt.

Oh and BTW, negative on every single post... Really?

That’s an embellish, friend.

Yes, I can embellish.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Are these blow outs online or are they in store specials only? I haven't seen any steals either but then again I don't scour for them constantly or belong to many sites that would send me ads.

Most all are in store only, not advertised.

Just check out the Product Rebates, Sales, and Deals sub-forum every so often. There are usually end of year clearances that happen, but they can happen at any time.

Walmart is know to have a clearance that can be just regional or even just in a single store.
I got a gallon jug of Valvoline Maxlife ATF for $8 a month ago, yet WM has not sold ML ATF for almost a year (and the store I got it in was a new store, has never had it on the shelf, yet had a gallon on clearance).
There were also 3 jugs of Mobil Super next to the ATF that were $10 each (I left them, I have enough oil, and $2/qt for conventional is too expensive for me
wink.gif
).

I agree with you Dallas69. Sales and deal loyalty only. And yeah... Hoarding can get out if hand as well. I do like Mobil Super Synthetic in that I can find it for a decent deal in 3 different places. Same with Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic as well.

Originally Posted By: ZZman

Auto Zone Dec. clearance usually shows the pricing on the shelves, and sometimes begins mid-Nov. The oils on clearance are usually regional depending on what's not selling well at individual stores. The current sales at AAP are not as conspicuous. The QSUD and Idematsu needed price checks at the checkout machine.

Yeah, I'm not a big "sale" person, to be honest. There's some brands I'll never use and wouldn't take if they were offered to me for free. I have a few brands that I really like and don't see much need to branch out. Of course, the ultimate victory is when my preferred brands are on sale, but that's just my lucky day.

I'm waiting for the latest charts to come out before I decide how I go forward in regard to oil changes.
28.gif
27.gif

I try to go by UOA's of other engines like the ones I have. Maybe that made me brand loyal.

Have use Rotella T6 5W-40 for around 9 years, now, in my 5.0 EFI.
Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 in everything else that's a car.

I'm not sure about 5 totally different oils being mixed together for a single run. I don't believe it will result in a blow up of a motor. In a very cold climate where temps get -20°F routinely in winter I would think it is not the greatest idea to mix 5 different oils together. Who knows how well the additive packages would play with each other. It may well result in not optimum frigid cold weather performance. Here's a map I found interesting about winter time average cold temps...

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
I am very loyal to the cheapest oil that meets required specs.

Well said.
10.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
I'm waiting for the latest charts to come out before I decide how I go forward in regard to oil changes.
28.gif
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
What chart?

Yea tig, what chart? Stop BSing us. We ALL KNOW you'll dump another container of Mobil 1 into that engine.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem
28.gif
27.gif

What chart?

Yea tig, what chart? Stop BSing us. We ALL KNOW you'll dump another container of Mobil 1 into that engine.
13.gif

LOL

At Meijer in MI (ends today 11/11) you can get Pennzoil with MPerks $8 off, QSUD MPerks $7 off and spend $30 on automotive more get another MPerks $5 off. Combine that with the MIR of QS $7 and Pennzoil MIR $10, you get 10 quarts for about $10. Nothing close to the .05/qt deal but still a great deal if you don't mind rebates.
Or AutoZone has Pennzoil and STP filter deal for $40.27, get a $20 Visa from Autozone and $10 MIR from Pennzoil and that's $10.27 for 5 qts and a filter. And I actually turned in my Autozone $20 points on this deal so they paid me $10 to take this deal as Autozone $20 rewards is now only good for 90 days after you get your 5th point.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Artem
28.gif
27.gif

What chart?

13.gif

You know, marketing charts.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back