Oil as an X-mas gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting or giving oil as an X-mas gift this year?? For the last 4 years my boys have given me a treat of a complete oil change for my VW-GTI. First two years it was Mobil 1 and the last two years it was GC. I wonder if I will get green or gold this year ...........

Merry Christmas to all .........

SPITMAN
canada.gif

I would love oil for Christmas. I would ask my wife if I could go outside and play with it.
wink.gif

"Not without your shoes and hat" she would say.

I got a 5qt jug of M1-EP 5W-30 (pre-Katrina formula) from my wife for Christmas!!! Does this woman know how to love her man, or what??!

Last year, my GTI & I would have loved getting oil for Christmas. This year, however, I would have been like "Thanks, Honey this is greaaaat!
rolleyes.gif
"

I have so much oil in the garage, I can't find room for all my other junk. In an attempt to rid myself of some of it, I've even offered to do free oil changes for the family. To this point, nobody has taken me up on it.

I got a $25 Gift Certificate from Auto Zone and another from Auto Advance from my daughter. I've been boycotting Auto Advance since June because I never received my Maxlife $15 rebate. I vowed to never walk into A.A.'s front door again.

I don't know what I'm going to do with that money card. I don't have the heart to say anything negative to her. Perhaps I'll sell it to a work-friend for $15-$20.

Quote:
-----
"Is it really worth cutting off your nose to spite your face?"

I'm not sure in who's direction you threw that at.... me or A.A.?

My last option would be to wait for a good sale there & try to turn that $25 into $40 worth of merchandise. That may help make-up for my $15 loss on the Maxlife rebate.

I'll make sure that I give some FRAM filters to wavinwayne and the other BITOGers who think I'm a FRAM fan...
wink.gif

Hmm...I think I'll go to Walmart and pick-up 5qt jugs of Supertech 5w-30 and Supertech Filters for all of my male classmates who own cars and Jiffy Lube gift certificates to my female classmates.
shocked.gif

my bother in law gave me 4 QT of GC (green version) plus a $25 gift card to auto zone. will be changing my oil today.

My late grandfather was ahead of the curve I guess, he used to give me, my dad, and my uncle a case of oil for Christmas and that was a long time ago.

I haven't done it for around 30 years ..but one horse farm family, which I dated the two daughters (mostly at different times ;^)), I would show up with a basket of citrus and a case of QS somethingDeluxe, the father's oil of choice, every Christmas.

It managed to keep me under the radar.

nobody knows that i am "into" oil. i keep this all a very big secret. its easier that way, because most people would get annoyed if you tried to explain green castrol, or e core filters.

I have a very good friend (a fellow DIY’er) to whom I give a liter of top drawer liquor and a case of top drawer oil every Christmas. Hey, I reason that both gifts are very practical, and useful, much more so than socks or a “lovely” Christmas tree ornament. He is very grateful; his wife and family shake theirs heads in disbelief. I don’t dare tell my family what I’ve given as they, too, would shake their heads in utter disbelief.

I, too, keep my “oil addiction” a closely guarded secret.

patriot.gif

I haven't done it for around 30 years ..but one horse farm family, which I dated the two daughters (mostly at different times ;^)), I would show up with a basket of citrus and a case of QS somethingDeluxe, the father's oil of choice, every Christmas.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Gary,
I used to bring a case of beer and a couple of pounds of polish sausage. There were 4 unwed daughters. I married the skinny one. Has worked out pretty good so far. (38years).

fruit.gif

I would love to open a box on Christmas morning and see a case of fine motor oil. This is the gift that keeps on giving the whole year long...

Seriously, my dad knows that I am a bit of an oil nut so he buys me a gift card to Pep-Boys for my birthday and Christmas every year. Pep-Boys is not my favorite oil retailer, as they are generally overpriced these days. But I will shop the sales and make those $50 gift cards go as far as possible...

I am also at a point now that my oil stash has grown so large that I am offering free oil changes to friends. How could I charge people, when in reality I would pay them a few bucks to let me change their oil....

I got 2 bottles of VSOT from my secretary for X-Mas; how cool is that?
And before my fellow Cannucks chime in that you can't get VSOT in Canada any more, thats' the best part. She has family in Tonawanda NY and visits all the time. It came as a complete surprise as I asked if she knew about the chain of Auto stores called Auto Zone or Auto Advance in an obsure conversation we had once about shopping in the States. She hadn't, and I mentioned the Valvoline product; once.
She is not even slightly automotively inclined but obviously made note of it and found it; last 2 bottles they had in the store apparently.

quote:

I am also at a point now that my oil stash has grown so large that I am offering free oil changes to friends. How could I charge people, when in reality I would pay them a few bucks to let me change their oil....

oh my, thats just too funny.
tongue.gif

I got my wife a case of oil and some fuel injector cleaner for Christmas about 10 years ago. We took pictures and really played it up like she was mad. Of course, that wasn't all I got her.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back