Oil analyzers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be doing my second oil analysis soon. My first analysis was with Oil Analyzers Inc(from Amsoil). I'm using Amsoil 5W30 oil, an Amsoil SDF15 oil filter and an Amsoil 2-stage air filter. I want to use a different company this time to avoid a bias report from Oil Analyzers(afterall, I'm using their oil, oil filter and air filter). Can you guys reccomend a good oil analysis lab?

Thanks.

Or you also might want to compare our newest site supporter Blackstone Labs. They have been around along while and many of these analysis you see are from them.
Just giving you another site supporter choice here to compare pricing ect. They interpit the results and will alert you to possible motor problems as well:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/oilanalysis.html

[ January 08, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Thanks for the good word fella's.

I do prefer to interpret your own labs data. Any lab. For $10 a pop you can't beat it.

Dyson Analysis provides kits for those who just can't source another kit. $35 each

Canadian customers now have many more options in Canada so please ask about that.

Canadian Customs can make a low cost analysis become an expensive shipping nightmare. Ask Patman .

Understanding what the data means is the single most unsatisfying aspect of trended spectrographic analysis for the consumer market.

Secondly EVERY lab makes mistakes,typo's,calibration issues.

Unless you know what you should see in a complex mix of variability for a broad spectrum of automotive oils and engines you'll never know if they gave you the best "read" they could.

See my simple add on this board for more info.

Or check out "Lubes and Greases" 2002-2003 Sourcebook ad under the TEST tab.

Thanks.

quote:

I want to use a different company this time to avoid a bias report from Oil Analyzers(afterall, I'm using their oil, oil filter and air filter). Can you guys reccomend a good oil analysis lab?

Thanks. [/QB]

Just tell 'em you put Mobil 1 in the crankcase!!

lol.gif

Better yet, take two samples from the same drain. Label one of them Mobil 1, the other Amsoil and send them in at the same time. See if they have a bias
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back