Oil Analysis results - Triax Synergy SRT 0-w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Triax oils don't get much love around here. I tried it out because it was the cheapest 0w30 oil I could find at the time. (That has changed now my local Walmart has Pennzoil and Mobil in stock cheaper).

The prius guys always say 5k oil changes because they are hard on oil and notorious for burning oil.

I liked the idea of 0w30 as the manufacturer calls for 5w30. These results seem ok but notice it says it's more of a 5w20 weight. Could I get away with a 0w20?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-172154_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-172154_Office.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 534
Looks great. And id stick to a 30 grade and i wouldn't be afraid to use supertech. i used that stuff to go 10k in my trucks for 5 intervals before going to a 40 grade in a euro or diesel. The gains from a 20 grade and margin of error at best.

Looks great. And id stick to a 30 grade and i wouldn't be afraid to use supertech. i used that stuff to go 10k in my trucks for 5 intervals before going to a 40 grade in a euro or diesel. The gains from a 20 grade and margin of error

I know the Triax oils don't get much love around here. I tried it out because it was the cheapest 0w30 oil I could find at the time. (That has changed now my local Walmart has Pennzoil and Mobil in stock cheaper).

The prius guys always say 5k oil changes because they are hard on oil and notorious for burning oil.

I liked the idea of 0w30 as the manufacturer calls for 5w30. These results seem ok but notice it says it's more of a 5w20 weight. Could I get away with a 0w20?
Your Walmart stocks 0w-30? Where are you located?

Supertech is my go to but I was hell bent on trying a 0 weight and supertech doesn't offer a 0w30 that I'm aware of.

my thoughts too. some walmarts carry special oils.
I couldn't believe it. Like I said I ordered the Triax cuz I couldn't really find any locally, then last week when I went to get oil for my wife's car they had two different 0w30s.

Are you sure this is a UOA for Triax? Triax is known for it's increased levels of Molybdenum, this one is showing 70, about on par with other oils. Triax is usually around 220. The Silicon is elevated, which is inline with Triax products

Are you sure this is a UOA for Triax? Triax is known for it's increased levels of Molybdenum, this one is showing 70, about on par with other oils. Triax is usually around 220. The Silicon is elevated, which is inline with Triax products
Yes sir I purchased the oil, put the oil in car and drained it myself took sample myself.

Yes sir I purchased the oil, put the oil in car and drained it myself took sample myself.
The report doesn't list the brand of oil, only says "Synthetic 0w-30". Wondering if reports got mixed up? Unless it used up the Moly in 5535 miles. I've seen VOAs of Triax with 11ppm of silicon.

Are you sure this is a UOA for Triax? Triax is known for it's increased levels of Molybdenum, this one is showing 70, about on par with other oils. Triax is usually around 220. The Silicon is elevated, which is inline with Triax pro

The report doesn't list the brand of oil, only says "Synthetic 0w-30". Wondering if reports got mixed up? Unless it used up the Moly in 5535 miles. I've seen VOAs of Triax with 11ppm of silicon.
I mean I can't speak for the lab, so anything possible but I have no real reason to suspect a mix up. He did say it came in as a 5w20 too so I guess anything possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back