Oil amount put in isn't what came out when drained. Something to be concerned about?

If it holds 5.5, you only added 5 and it reads full, maybe some more drained into the pan.

I dunno. I would check the stick at least every 1k and not worry about it until that showed loss.

Maybe the truck holds onto a lot of oil and depending on how long you let it drain, it could vary by a quart.

Or maybe we are just getting way too obsessed. 😁

If it holds 5.5, you only added 5 and it reads full, maybe some more drained into the pan.

I dunno. I would check the stick at least every 1k and not worry about it until that showed loss.

Maybe the truck holds onto a lot of oil and depending on how long you let it drain, it could vary by a quart.

Or maybe we are just getting way too obsessed. 😁
Yes we can just say that.😅 It's that bitog syndrome isn't it. 😂

I think we found the missing oil.............

images.jpg

My car has 8.5 quart sump, but I only fill it up until the oil is half way between "min" and "max" on the dipstick. Supposedly, the difference between "min" and "max" is 1 quart, so the actual fill is 8 quarts. Car uses no oil between 5k mi changes.

Everytime I suck the oil out it measures to 7.5 quarts. Every. Time. Then I proceed to add exactly 8 quarts to end up with oil being half way between "min and "max". Paradox! I stopped trying to figure out why 😁

Back