Oil advice please for a Rodeo that consumes oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ramblin Fever
Sm00thpapa - I too have a rodeo, only mine is ithe 97 3.2L V6 engine; mine does not burn oil, never has.....I have 205k miles. Still runs new, and I wouldn't trade anything for it.

Not even a newer rodeo....sorry!

For some reason, Isuzu thought it best to create a dohc engine off the 93-97 3.2L design, thus giving you the 98-03 3.2L dohc engine.

This 2nd gen engine was good from 00-03 when they stopped producing them; but the first 2yrs of the design, the 98-99yrs, were terrible. Known for clogged oil passages, blown #1 cylinder and cracked head gaskets.

Numerous 3.2L dohc engine owners are finding Rotella 5w-40 to be a superb oil for their engines with great results.

I've recently switched to QS HM 5w-30 in my rodeo, but I don't have the same engine issues you 2nd gen owners do.

Glad your Rodeo is doing good with no engine issues. I bought this Rodeo new in 99 and didn't start to consume oil till 2002 till now. So as long as I keep topping it off it may last a few more years. I love this SUV guess that's why I haven't given up on it. Coming close to 100K with it. Gonna try the Rotella T 15W-40 or maybe the Rotella T6 5W-40. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back