oh oh another intake manifold gasket ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just received from Wearcheck the result for my Century 2002 with 90000km .

The Potassium jumped from 8.2 to 36
Sodium is from 1.8 to 1.2

Glycol test positive
No significant sign of water
They recommend to change the oil and filter and to monitor the coolant level.My extended warranty finish in June and Wearcheck doesnt seems to be worry in their recommendation.

Do you see a sure sign of another 3.1 failure ??

Thanks

Yes. Fix it on warranty with the new bolts / better torque setting on the intake GM redesigned mid 2003 after costing itself a generation of mid sized car customers.
The bolts will be loose when they get to them.

You can use coolant tabs and short OIC to limp along.

I don't see your post of the oil test to know
whether you have high metals to match. I had a 3.8 LeSabre 1997 with 100k Miles and about the same leak level of K and more sodium - dexcool. Didn't impact metals or bearing.

Hi

""Fix it on warranty with the new bolts / better torque setting on the intake GM redesigned mid 2003 after costing itself a generation of mid sized car customers. ""

Sad, but so very true.

Follow that latest proceedure using the latest gaskets/bolts/torque sequence.

Good luck.

Thanks guys, my oil sample report isn't posted but will be tonight. I will contact my dealership . Thanks to the extended warranty.

Gm can be good or so bad, this Buick century has been perfect until today, NOTHING broke on that car since 2002, this is the first bad luck. However my Montana 2002 is a real piece of **** and it will be traded as soon as the ext warranty is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back