Oh man... This isn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car owner should contact either a law firm or the media.

The car owner deserves to have his car replaced with a brand new unit.

The two mechanics should be fired and have their ASE certifications revoked.

Not sure if this has been posted here already. Search brought up nothing.

{removed youtube since it had profanity in it}

From the video comments by the owner:

This is how a mechanic from Sawgrass Ford, Sunrise, FL. attempted to fix my car.

I had a small knock from the top of my engine, maybe carbon build up. The mechanic, instead of treating with chemicals(protocol), decided that it would be easier to run my car in first gear for 5 miles at redline. He discusses with another mechanic in the car how he would like to either fix it or blow it up. My expensive Shelby CS1 wheels were damaged along with the transmission during the time they had my car. There was rubber down the sides of my car and 80+ miles on my car from when the camera was shut off by the shop foreman.

I gave them 2 chances to repaint the wheels, until they had to replace them finally. They gave the car back to me with 3 new wheels and told me that they replaced 4, THEY LIED again. I spent much time trying for them to get my wheels balanced after that, and to top it off, now my transmission flare is considered normal to them, even though it was operating properly when I dropped it off, they refuse to fix it without an engine light code. My car is not shifting normally from 3rd to 4th gear now and sometimes loses the gear completely.

After over a month of time back and forth to the dealership, I have come to the conclusion that this will never get resolved and I am too scared and untrust worthy of this dealership to keep my car out of my site again.

I record in and out of my car at all times and my cameras are in clear site of view. The mechanics point out the camera and mention that it is possible that it is recording.

After all the issues I had with this dealership, the mechanic still has a job at this dealership servicing cars.

How I kept my cool, i do not know! My wheels have been replaced finally! They will not repair the transmission and I have the extended service plans.

What a shame!

Last edited by a moderator:
time to contact ford corporate.. send them a copy of the video.. if nothing else, retain yourself a lawyer and demand everything get fixed.

OP said he has 10k of mods into the car so they should just replaced the drivetrain!

Dash cams are great, I had my car serviced and got to watch every time they moved my car it was kinda fun to watch.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
time to contact ford corporate.. send them a copy of the video.. if nothing else, retain yourself a lawyer and demand everything get fixed.

THIS!

Write TTAC, Jalopnik, and Hold a Lawyer

PR Nightmare

Wow ... I do everything possible to avoid any dealership driving my car off their lot. I point blank tell them I've written down the mileage. Or if they need to take it for a test drive, I do along. I never take my vehicles to dealerships unless I just can't or don't want to do the work, which is rarely.

If a dealership did that to my car I'd be getting a new car and heads would be rolling at that dealership. I would also spread that over the media and every social website known to man - as this guy is. I hope that dealership feels the pain. And Ford would be involved also if they could do anything about how their dealerships operate.

Yeah you guys were REAL close.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3443180/Oh_man..._This_isn't_good.

Idiot service department.

Still another reason why I try and avoid dealerships and repair shops at all costs.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

THIS!

Write TTAC, Jalopnik, and Hold a Lawyer

PR Nightmare

This. I would lawyer up, as well.
While it is probably fruitless to get Ford corporate involved, I probably would.
Because, I'd say that this tech just voided the car owner's warranty.

I mean, it's hard to say what was going on here. So, the car has $10k worth of mods? If so, I guess it comes down to if this was going to be a warranty repair. If it was gonna be a warranty repair, then the test drive makes sense. Some random, arbitrary noise that you couldn't hear in the camera. Beat the snot out of it, and if it blows up - cool, drop a new motor in it and be done with it. Or it burns away any possible carbon, and the noise goes away. If it's customer pay - ehh, then it gets a little picky, especially at a dealership with mods. This really varies by dealer, some are much more OK dealing with modified cars than others.

I also heard the tech say the owner of the car was really picky, and that might very well be the case. The noise was evidently gone at the end of the test drive, so the tech did SOMETHING right. Pain in the [censored] customers are, well, a pain in the [censored], and are going to complain about minuscule stuff regardless. Make it go away, and the customer goes home happy until they decide to [censored] about something else.

bro sue the [censored] out of them. get a lawyer and take them for at least a brand new car. I'd go to the papers. With the lawyers say.

My guess the problem is the owner has an performance car but he wants to drive and keep it as an museum piece then complain the car never runs right while never driving faster than 45MPH. Modded mustangs like this have to be driven hard. Also that is not driven at red line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back