Offering stand alone services?

clinebarger

Took a new BCM I bought elsewhere to a Chevy dealer to program into the car. Next day they call me saying the module locked up while trying to program it. $200 down the drain and and they wouldn't give me a break on the cost of a new one. Luckily the 2nd one took.

You'll never know the real reason....GM BCM's have to be set-up correctly per options the FIRST time. Of coarse if the battery ran low or power/connection was interrupted that can effectively brick the module.

Was this a genuine GM BCM? I can't warranty or give a discount on a part I didn't sell you & I'm sure that was the dealer's position as well.
On the other hand....If I feel something I did corrupted the module....I'll make it right.

I had an Astra lol - lots of Opel to USA issues. I have the Opel Astra Tech 2 card if you need to borrow it or use my Tech2Win. I am near DFW

I cannot thank you enough @clinebarger for the info you provided me in regards to re-programming the ATC module in my 2005 Suburban. That has taken care of that issue. Since then, I have been working with Tech2Win, GDS and TLC/SPS2.

Having these resources really encourages me to get another GMT800 for my own driving -- from the sole fact that I can diagnostically fix it or interpret what it is telling me.

Reactions: GON