Off Brand Gas

Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin do as well.

The “no name” and name brand stations, as well as Top Tier vs non-Top Tier are generally within 5-10 cents of each other in my area, with the name brand top tier being the cheaper option.
The Mobil station I regularly fill up at is 3-4 cents more than the no name across the street. Use ExxonMobil rewards you get 3 cents back per gallon.

Total wash here. However the no name has a better beer selection and stays just as busy so there is that. Know your audience I guess

The Mobil station I regularly fill up at is 3-4 cents more than the no name across the street. Use ExxonMobil rewards you get 3 cents back per gallon.

Total wash here. However the no name has a better beer selection and stays just as busy so there is that. Know your audience I guess
We had that scenario until a (chain) convenience store dropped Exxon for no name (and no cheaper now)
(I quit that store altogether - and seems less folks buy gas there)
Getting Shell or Sunoco more often now … or Exxon in the next town headed down the road …

Because someone doesn't think it matters doesn't mean that it doesn't matter. Degradation happens slowly and over long periods of time. An engine may be suffering some from dirty injectors but if the change has been gradual it might not even be recognized.
I don't disagree. I usually get TT. Anecdotally though I'm the only one in my family who does and no one has problems. everyone in my family buys gas cheap no names but is able to get many years and high mileage.

I’d estimate there is mileage point in any vehicle where yes it absolutely matters and anything before that point it doesn’t.

"And the cheapest fuel is at a Chinese food restaurant that has a couple pumps."

This really strikes me as odd, whatever works!

Near me are a few "kwick-trip" stations (I think that's the name) that had Shell at the pump. I'd normally go there for premium in the BMW. At some point in time they removed the Shell branding but kept the red & yellow decor. Somewhat shady, IMO.

Around here prices for regular are frequently the same at neighboring/nearby stations, regardless of brand.

Near me are a few "kwick-trip" stations (I think that's the name) that had Shell at the pump. I'd normally go there for premium in the BMW. At some point in time they removed the Shell branding but kept the red & yellow decor. Somewhat shady, IMO.

Around here prices for regular are frequently the same at neighboring/nearby stations, regardless of brand.
And who other than Shell would like that color scheme ? 🧑‍🦰

Gasoline is transferred from refineries into one pipeline shared by several companies. How do I know this? I worked in the refineries doing maintenance turn arounds. For Shell, Tesoro, BP. It all went into the same pipeline and then to their distribution farms where their additives were added
For the most part. Off brand should be just as good. The problem is the break down of gasoline. With ethanol in it it will absorb water over time. It’s really not a problem because turn ove at the pumps prevent it from being a real issue. Like one person said buy from a station that has high turnover at the pumps. If you want to store fuel use ethanol free standard shelf life is about 6 months with no extra additives. E10 about 30 days max. So go buy fuel from wherever station you want to it all comes from the same pipe.

Gasoline is transferred from refineries into one pipeline shared by several companies. How do I know this? I worked in the refineries doing maintenance turn arounds. For Shell, Tesoro, BP. It all went into the same pipeline and then to their distribution farms where their additives were added
For the most part. Off brand should be just as good. The problem is the break down of gasoline. With ethanol in it it will absorb water over time. It’s really not a problem because turn ove at the pumps prevent it from being a real issue. Like one person said buy from a station that has high turnover at the pumps. If you want to store fuel use ethanol free standard shelf life is about 6 months with no extra additives. E10 about 30 days max. So go buy fuel from wherever station you want to it all comes from the same pipe.
Can't get e0 here.

Gas is gas.
And the additives to that gas, or lack thereof, are what differentiates the brands.

Just for clarification, do you not believe Top Tier gasoline's additive packages are any different than non-Top Tier?

Yep it all comes out of the same pipeline
If one comes to think about it. Would a gas station brand name or generic go hmm 🤔 let’s just make the crapiest gas possible that will boost our sales. The additives are probably about the same. And tecron, or shell with nitrogen, or top tier are all advertising fluff

It all comes from the same pipe/truck. I have no issue using "off brand" fuel, that said if the station looks unmaintained I will probably go elsewhere as that's when you end up with water issues etc if they aren't maintaining the tanks or filters.

Running them dry seems worse!
Why would you believe that running a small engine out of fuel is bad, if they are dry in the fuel tank and carburetor then there’s no reason to worry about the fuel going bad. Additives not working. All you have to do is put fresh fuel in at the start of the season prime the carburetor and it will start.

Back