OEM Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thought on the OEM nissan filters. Who makes then. I know they are made in china now. I just got 18 of them off ebay for 30 bucks. Been using M1 M110 but walmart quit carrying them.

Very good filter, use with confidence... They are made by Nipendenso I believe.
thumbsup2.gif

I used them with no problems but switched to NAPA Gold as the cost was less for me. On some Nissan forums, there is discussion of the Chinese-made filters being of lower construction quality than the Japanese made ones but I cannot speak to that. I drive a 2007 Nissan Frontier with the V-6 VQ-40 engine

I used Nissan OEM filters in the past. When they sent the production over to China, I switched to Napa Gold's. I get the Gold's for a couple bucks cheaper too!

I didn't like how the 9E000 went from having metal end caps and a silicone drainback valve to cardboard end caps and a nitrile valve, and Nissan was charging the same price.

Seeing that you already bought 18 of them. They should work just fine for the 3,750 OCI's that Nissan calls for.

Last edited:
Well here's a pic of my Nissan OEM filter off my Altima. Carboard endcaps and nitrile adbv. They are worth the price you paid but I wouldn't pay dealer prices of $5-8 for them.

OEM1.jpg

I didn't realize the design changed on them. I might off load them to mu Nissan friends and stock up on some wix with the money I make.

I wouldn't be concerned with using them. I just know there are better values out there for $3-4. The price you paid is right imo.

The OEM filter on my 2008 Frontier was made in Japan, seemed very well constructed. The replacement ones available at the dealer parts stores seem to be mostly from China, so their quality has been questioned.

I have a bunch of Napa Gold 1356 and PL14610 Pure Ones bought at discount, so that's what I use instead.

Hmmm, where was your Frontier built? My Altima was built in Ohio and had a Made in China OEM filter from factory.

Originally Posted By: ctc
Hmmm, where was your Frontier built? My Altima was built in Ohio and had a Made in China OEM filter from factory.

Your Altima was made in Canton, Mississippi, not Canton, Ohio.

Back when I had my Maxima in the UK, all the Genuine Nissan filters were UK-sourced. But they were rather expensive at $24 each, so I bought a whole stack of Japanese OEM filters in Kuwait and took them there with me. When I ran out, I switched to WIX.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag

Seeing that you already bought 18 of them. They should work just fine for the 3,750 OCI's that Nissan calls for.

The 3,750 OCI is for their "Schedule 1". Their "Schedule 2" (less abuse on the vehicle) has OCI of 7,500 miles.

Apparently, the OEM oil filter should be up to the longer OCI ... but I don't know if I like the design, especially for the price Nissan chargers. I go with NAPA Gold on my Altima.

I use the Purolator PureOne for my 2000 Nissan Frontier 2.4L, it is the size of a teacup, but in my opinion, it is the best when it comes to filters for my truck and with the full synthetic oil, I run it out to at least 10k miles between oil changes and no problems. I am thinking of running this until I get to around 12k miles before I change the oil again.

That baseplate looks like the A02 Honda filter made by Fram. The Honda filter has a silicone ADBV instead of the nitrile one you see there. My bet is that it is made by fram but nissan dident tell them to use the silicone ADBV. Just use a Denso, same design but better built.

Originally Posted By: ctc

I have seen plenty of new Nissan cars come in for oil changes, and every factory filter I have ever seen came from China...
However, I see no new trucks.

When I bout my Nissan I ordered 21 filters lol I got them for around $3 each. They are the 15208-65F00 which I was told went to cardboard but they came from Japan.

Now you're saying the older model 15208-9E000 is now cardboard as well?

I started out 3750 oci with GTX until 30k. Then switched to Mobil1 7500 oci last 2 changes EP.

When I run out of extended warranty I will do once a year 11k-15k. I have 10 Nissan filters left. Should I swap them 7500 and oil 15k, or run them the 11k?

I have 3 Mobil 1 108 filters, but seems smaller than oem and am told i should have gotten the 110. wonder if i can exchange them. was going to save them for when i run out of oem filters and go up to 15k.

The Nissan filter have had cardboard end caps for some time. I had some from my wifes van I bought a couple years ago, made in Japan. I cut them open, cardboard (15208-9e000), same for the 65f00 and 65f0c. Judging by the construction I would not run them past the 7500 mile interval Nissan lists as a extended oil drain interval.
When I worked at a Nissan dealer in parts, I actually saw a guy with a Pathfinder that ran Amsoil and tried running 15k on an oem filter,it plugged and he had low oil pressure, the engine was never right after that, it burned a lot of oil.
I think your asking a lot of any filter past 8k, even if you just change the filter and top off the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back