OEM Honda Accord Pressure Plate.

Honda P/N 22300-PT7-023. For My 1993 Accord, I did not see the little wings and "DK" on the Pressure Plate at first, Box states Assembled in U.S.A. This means that it was produced somewhere else, Hopefully Japan. I am posting this because I was not able to find a detailed Image of this Flywheel anywhere on line.
IMG_20220613_104044049.jpg
IMG_20220613_103856044.jpg
IMG_20220613_103838610.jpg
IMG_20220613_103806597.jpg

Last edited:
Honda P/N 22300-PT7-023. For My 1993 Accord, I did not see the little wings and "DK" on the Pressure Plate at first, Box states Assembled in U.S.A. This means that it was produced somewhere else, Hopefully Japan. I am posting this because I was not able to find a detailed Image of this Flywheel anywhere on line.
View attachment 103765

hey zmelli.. I believe that "DK" stands for Daikin which is Exedy's brand in Japan. My stage 1 clutch from Exedy has that same logo stamped on it. I've attached the pictures of my pressure plate showing the same thing plus "Made In Japan" stamped next to it. The Daikin you can see on the clutch picture, box is behind it and over to the right you can see the words Exedy well maybe not all of Exedy but the "edy" lol.. Best picture I have of that. Either way it backs up that Exedy is Daikin.

pressure plate1.jpg
clutch picture1.jpg

hey zmelli.. I believe that "DK" stands for Daikin which is Exedy's brand in Japan. My stage 1 clutch from Exedy has that same logo stamped on it. I've attached the pictures of my pressure plate showing the same thing plus "Made In Japan" stamped next to it. The Daikin you can see on the clutch picture, box is behind it and over to the right you can see the words Exedy well maybe not all of Exedy but the "edy" lol.. Best picture I have of that. Either way it backs up that Exedy is Daikin.

View attachment 103840View attachment 103841
That Dakin Clutch look like a OEM Honda Clutch Disk. I will post a picture to compare when mine arrives from Japan.

That Dakin Clutch look like a OEM Honda Clutch Disk. I will post a picture to compare when mine arrives from Japan.

yup my exedy stage 1 clutch disk does look like a Honda clutch disk, but it has more copper "strands" in it for heavier duty usage. Not that my stock engine is heavy duty, lol! It's just a much more positive engagement, as I mentioned in your other thread, the 94 Accord I drove as a loaner back in the day (new), that had the stock clutch and it felt like my stage 1 now! I think as Honda went on their clutches got much, much softer and numb! My 91 CRX Si felt a lot like the 94 Accord EX Coupe.

yup it does look like a Honda clutch disk, it has more copper "strands" in it for heavier duty usage. Not that my stock engine is heavy duty, lol! It's just a much more positive engagement, as I mentioned in your other thread, the 94 Accord I drove as a loaner back in the day (new), that had the stock clutch and it felt like my stage 1 now! I think as Honda went on their clutches got much, much softer and numb! My 91 CRX Si felt a lot like the 94 Accord EX Coupe.
My wife has a 91 Accord with 110K on it and that Clutch is still original. The Clutch is amazing, the only difference between the 91 and 93 clutch is the clutch fork , two different part numbers. My Daughters has a 95 Accord, clutch has been changed with "I don't Know" It was changed by the first owner. The 95 has a longer throw and different engagement point.

ahh okay so then I'm not imagining, they did change it as it went along. So then the 94 EX Accord coupe that I drove is more like yours now. The throws were not that long and the clutch had a smooth take up but you could definitely feel the engagement point. I know it was a cable actuated shifter compared to the connecting rod the Civic has but still was a nice clutch. I can believe that the 91 still has the original clutch, that CRX Si was a strong, strong clutch.. This stage 1 reminds me a lot of that one.

Back